Got my new ring and...
[-]
  •
12-28-2015, 04:22 PM,
Got my new ring and...
Hi Ladies!
Long time lurker. I have owned various pieces of moissanite for years (all the way back to the original snot green). LOL

I recently purchased a 9mm oec with setting. I requested a visible culet (not too large and not too small), claw prongs, and no fisheye or nailheads.

After waiting almost a month, the ring arrived today (my birthday), and the culet is teeny tiny, and there are bead prongs!

I'm a little annoyed after waiting so long. It was supposed to be here for x-mas, and wasn't.  Now with the extra long wait, it wasn't to my specifications. 

Prongs can be fixed. Not a big deal (just a nuisance). I already sent an email. 

My question is regarding the stone. 
It is unenhanced, but very white and throws amazing pastel flashes. The cut is very flowery. My photo does it no justice at all.
With the discontinuance of the OEC, would you risk replacing it for a different one considering the cut is nice on this one (albeit with practically no culet)? If it just had a darn culet it would be so perfect. It looks like there is a culet in my photo, but the photo is blown up. To the naked eye, you don't see a culet at all.

Thanks in advance!

file:///Users/rachelnelsen/Desktop/IMG_0371.JPG

copy and paste link

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
12-28-2015, 05:22 PM,
RE: Got my new ring and...
UPDATE
So I heard back and was told this stone was selected specifically for the cut. It was the best one of what is left. 
Since they are in limited supply now, I am going to keep it. Wish C&C would just start cutting these again with nice big culets! LOL

[-]
  •
12-28-2015, 05:53 PM,
Congrats on getting a gorgeous stone given the limited availability and also...happy birthday!

[-]
  •
12-28-2015, 05:55 PM,
Welcome! And Happy Birthday!  Bunny

I can't see your pic.  Do you have a photobucket account?

I love OECs with a flowery cut.  Sorry to hear the ring wasn't exactly as you planned.  Hopefully, it will get fixed quick enough.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
12-28-2015, 09:14 PM,
Sorry it wasn't quite right, but I agree with holding onto it. Good cuts and colour are hard to come by. Wink

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
12-28-2015, 10:35 PM,
EARTHDIVA:
Thank you!

MRSK:
Thank you. I do not have a photo bucket account. I think my daughter does. I will ask her to help me. LOL!

JENNCENT:
Yes...I was thinking the same thing. I'm afraid to swap and then regret it.

[-] The following 1 user Likes rae2828's post:
  • GemmaBella
12-28-2015, 10:38 PM,
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

[-]
  •
12-28-2015, 10:44 PM,
Oh I think it's very pretty! The stone is perfect in my opinion. I would ask to have the prongs redone as you originally asked for them, but I'd hang onto that stone.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
12-28-2015, 10:52 PM,
@rae2828 It's very pretty! Looks like a keeper to me! Can't wait to see more pics of it. Smile

[-]
  •
12-28-2015, 10:53 PM,
(12-28-2015, 10:44 PM)MrsK Wrote: Oh I think it's very pretty!  The stone is perfect in my opinion.  I would ask to have the prongs redone as you originally asked for them, but I'd hang onto that stone.

Thank you so much for your opinion. I guess my problem is that I am sucker for big culets. 
I wore it out tonight and it def got noticed. Made me feel better.