Got to try on my engagement ring for the first time!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes musician32992's post:
  • Lorrissey
03-31-2014, 02:37 PM,
Got to try on my engagement ring for the first time!!!!
As part of my birthday present, my boyfriend took me to a jeweler that carries Gabriel & Co!!!

I had tried to find this setting and couldn't find a single jeweler in the area that had it in stock, and two flat out refused to order a sample for me to try.

We popped in on a whim and lo and behold, they had the setting! Oh, and it turns out my ring size isn't even a 4.25- it's a 3.75. Seriously?

I am BEYOND in love with it! We tried 20+ settings and kept coming back to this one!

Here's a video, you might want to turn down the volume, it's a little loud.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-31-2014, 02:42 PM,
RE: Got to try on my engagement ring for the first time!!!!
Wow you got so lucky that they had the setting you were looking at! It looks so lovely and some great coverage! Such little fingers too Wink My MIL is a size 3 one of her hands and all rings look so great on her!

[-]
  •
03-31-2014, 02:42 PM,
That is beautiful! Are you planning on ordering it soon?

[-]
  •
03-31-2014, 02:43 PM,
That ring looks perfect on you! So jealous of your teeny fingers!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-] The following 2 users Like musician32992's post:
  • Hadley, Navette
03-31-2014, 02:44 PM,
(03-31-2014, 02:42 PM)JooJooBee4 Wrote: Wow you got so lucky that they had the setting you were looking at! It looks so lovely and some great coverage! Such little fingers too Wink My MIL is a size 3 one of her hands and all rings look so great on her!

Thanks, @ JooJooBee4!! I can't believe they had it! I love the finger coverage, the boyfriend is not so sure... "It's...big!", he said.

Well, yes, dear. That's the point.

[-]
  •
03-31-2014, 02:46 PM,
(03-31-2014, 02:42 PM)MrsK Wrote: That is beautiful! Are you planning on ordering it soon?

Thanks, @MrsK! I would like to order it soon, but I don't know if that's going to happen. We don't like the jeweler that carries Gabriel & Co near our house, this jeweler is near his parents' (about 2 hours drive). The big caveat is that this jeweler is charging $2140 for the setting, which is listed as $1840 on the Gabriel & Co website. How much can we realistically haggle?

[-]
  •
03-31-2014, 02:47 PM,
(03-31-2014, 02:43 PM)OoohShiny Wrote: That ingerlooks perfect on you! So jealous of your teeny fingers!

Thanks, @OoohShiny! I can't believe they're even SMALLER than I thought. How absurd.

[-]
  •
03-31-2014, 02:47 PM,
Haha. It's big, but not too big! He will get used to it Wink

[-]
  •
03-31-2014, 02:49 PM,
(03-31-2014, 02:47 PM)JooJooBee4 Wrote: Haha. It's big, but not too big! He will get used to it Wink

I just tell him, "I'M the one wearing it!" He picked the setting, I just don't think he realized how substantial it is! It's blingy for sure, no one in either of our families have anything like it!

[-]
  •
03-31-2014, 02:49 PM,
I think you should be able to get them to price match.. Would it be worth to have another company outside of your location to order the setting for you? Since you were able to try it on already you know that you love it then it might not be a big deal to order from somewhere not that close. On the flip side, it is nice to have a jeweler close by to fix any issues if you have any problems with the setting.