Green OMC from MDZ!
[-]
  •
08-28-2014, 04:30 PM,
Green OMC from MDZ!
Let me start off by saying that I am not typically a diamond girl, nor am I an antique setting girl...nor am I an understated sized stone girl, lol. Also, while I think old cuts are lovely and charming, it has not been a longterm goal of mine to acquire one.

That said, when I saw this green OMC I needed to have it. Like *needed* to have it! I am a green-eyed gal and I loved the idea of a green colored diamond since they aren't something you see coming and going.

First impressions: omg 1.49 carats is soooo tiny in an OMC! Second impression: The color of the stone is really magic. It is a darker green indoors but comes alive in any light. The diamond is very clean but has a sleepy, glowing quality that really works with the color and cut... IT'S A KEEPER. I love it! It's like dating the guy that's all wrong for you on paper yet you have great chemistry and it works!

The setting has got to go but I'll keep it a while until I can come up with a solid plan for setting. I'd love to see this set in rose gold with pink diamonds - I think it would be fab with the green!

[img]Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!greendiamond3 by EarthDiva, on Flickr[/img]

[img]Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!greendiamond by EarthDiva, on Flickr[/img]

[img]Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!greendiamond2 by EarthDiva, on Flickr[/img]

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!green4 by EarthDiva, on Flickr

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
08-28-2014, 04:33 PM,
RE: Green OMC from MDZ!
oh wow, I love it! I actually like the setting too, but your plans for rose gold and pink would be equally awesome.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
08-28-2014, 04:38 PM,
(08-28-2014, 04:33 PM)jenncent Wrote: oh wow, I love it! I actually like the setting too, but your plans for rose gold and pink would be equally awesome.

Thanks jenncent! oh don't get me wrong, the setting is absolutely pretty and I am more than fine wearing it for a while. It's just not really "me," kwim?

[-]
  •
08-28-2014, 04:40 PM,
Ohhhh I love it too! That is gorgeous! I can't wait to see what you do with it, the rose gold sounds fun.

[-]
  •
08-28-2014, 04:42 PM,
video outdoors:

indoors:

[-]
  •
08-28-2014, 04:43 PM,
Wow! I love that stone! I've never really seems a green diamond like that before or with that cut! I love that it's a keeper too! The setting is nice, but I agree not really you! Woohoo can't wait to see what you do for a setting!!!

[-]
  •
08-28-2014, 04:44 PM,
Thank you SD! Can ya tell I am a little obsessed with the baguette band? LOL, I could not bring myself to remove it, despite having a delicate antique wedding band that would look better with the green diamond.

[-]
  •
08-28-2014, 04:47 PM,
Yeah, I have not seen one either! most have more of a teal cast and I haven't come across one in this size nor cut.

*please everyone excuse the sausage fingers...it is hot and my hands are so swollen but i couldn't wait until morning to share!

[-]
  •
08-28-2014, 04:48 PM,
This is such a cool find! What a unique combination of cut and color! The ring is pretty as-is, but I'm very excited to see what setting you come up with for this special diamond.

[-]
  •
08-28-2014, 04:49 PM,
ED, this green is irratdiated, no?

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website