Guessing game, which is which?
[-]
  •
08-19-2015, 02:08 PM,
Guessing game, which is which?
So I found this video on youtube when I was searching out comparison videos for the amora gem ultra, and I honestly cannot figure out which is the diamond and which is the AG, and the description doesn't show. I thought it would be fun to see which everyone here thought was the diamond and which is the AG!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
08-19-2015, 02:45 PM,
RE: Guessing game, which is which?
No idea, but if it's diamond vs. amora I'd say the larger one is the diamond. The back is the only clue I have, but I can't say I'm certain at all.

[-]
  •
08-19-2015, 03:41 PM,
I will say the opposite then. The big one is the AG.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
08-19-2015, 03:53 PM,
I think the bigger one is the diamond Primarily because it somehow looks less "perfect" and shows more body color.

[-]
  •
08-19-2015, 04:20 PM,
I think the smaller one is the AG 'cause, in some frames, I think I see those chunky arrows - but I'm not 100% sure.

[-]
  •
08-19-2015, 04:21 PM,
Eh, I will take both.

I think the larger is the diamond. Can't say that with any confidence though.

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
08-19-2015, 05:46 PM,
I also think the bigger one is the diamond. Nice comparison video for the AG though.

[-] The following 2 users Like Brit's post:
  • bluefly, Lorrissey
08-20-2015, 07:42 AM,
I am 99.9% sure the larger is the diamond because of it's girdle, it looks smooth, where as the smaller has a definite faceted girdle. I have been MIA partly because I went for a good LONG visit with my sister in CA. When I was there I got a chance to compare her 1ct G triple X diamond to my 1.4ct F colored AG. I ran all over her house and compared the two in every light imaginable. The biggest difference was the cut, the AG's facets are chunkier but there was just as much colorful fire coming off her diamond facets as was coming off my AG. Same amount of pin fire and scintillation. When I really scrutinized the two, I would say that her diamond had a bit more depth then my AG. Which seem to be the case in this video as well. Not that I have had any doubt about my AG, going through the comparison really made me proud of my AG. Being the frugal person that I am but loving quality too, The AG gives me all that I want in a stone at a fraction of the cost of a diamond.

[-]
  •
08-20-2015, 11:43 AM,
I think the larger one is the diamond cause it has more body color. I think i can kinda see the chunky arrows of the AG in the smaller one. The video was taken at a bad angle, so harder to distinguish. Usually it is quite easy to tell between the two.

[-]
  •
08-20-2015, 06:36 PM,
I think the one with the darker back is a diamond. I would not bet one of my kids on it though, lol.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website