5.5mm OEC
6mm OEC
[Show Results]

Guys? I'm stuck again. :(
[-]
  •
04-30-2014, 12:27 PM,
Guys? I'm stuck again. :(
I'm back to the cushion vs. OEC debate again and now I'm REALLY stuck. Those gorgeous chunky facets and big flashes of light from the OEC make me swoon but the shape and higher color of the cushions is what I'm interested in as well. Damn you for not making ACC moissanite, C&C.

Here's the ring with a .91ct cushion from GoG (this is the exact look/size I'm going for)- Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

And here's the same ring with what I suspect is a moissy OEC, from IDJ-Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

If I were to do the OEC, what size would you recommend? I've seen that a 5.5mm cushion will look similar to a 6mm OEC but I could have totally just made that up.

HELP. PLEASE.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-30-2014, 01:05 PM,
RE: Guys? I'm stuck again. :(
Hi! I will preface by saying I prefer the chunkiness of the OEC cut. I do love the shape of the cushion. By putting an OEC in the cushion halo I think you will achieve the chunky faceting you like and the cushion shape you are after. It's a beautiful ring, so whatever you chose will be gorgeous!
ETA I voted for the OEC 6mm as I like size in my stones and think it will stand out beautifully in the halo.

[-]
  •
04-30-2014, 02:33 PM,
I think the OEC, as well. Usually the OECs in cushion settings look really great - the edges seem to disappear more than if a RB was set that way - beautiful ring!

[-]
  •
04-30-2014, 02:38 PM,
I think the OEC faceting would be more complimentary. The modern, splintery cut of the moissy cushion would not look as good in an antique style setting, imo.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • Enkay
04-30-2014, 02:50 PM,
I vote cushion. It is whiter, and I would not like the contrast with side stones and my center.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-30-2014, 02:56 PM,
I voted cushion too, I like the look if the first inspiration pic more. Is there an option for a 6mm cushion?

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
[-]
  •
04-30-2014, 03:27 PM,
I like cushion because it is white too.

[-]
  •
04-30-2014, 03:29 PM,
Oh no, the votes are almost divided evenly. Look like we are not going to be much help at all today!

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
[-]
  •
04-30-2014, 05:22 PM,
I vote for cushion.

[-]
  •
04-30-2014, 05:23 PM,