H&A moissy and AG
[-]
  •
06-03-2014, 09:08 PM,
H&A moissy and AG
Hi, I'm new here and hope to learn more. I have read about the AG as well as the recent thread by JC about H&A moissy. Are these two stones the same since they are both moissy and have H&A cut?

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • mmascall
06-03-2014, 10:07 PM,
RE: H&A moissy and AG
No, they are not. The rough material of SiC is different. So both are SiC, but different forms of it. I think similar looking, but not identical. AG will be whiter I think, but regular moissanite will be more sparkly...according to the reviews.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
06-04-2014, 01:47 AM,
(06-03-2014, 10:07 PM)jenncent Wrote: No, they are not. The rough material of SiC is different. So both are SiC, but different forms of it. I think similar looking, but not identical. AG will be whiter I think, but regular moissanite will be more sparkly...according to the reviews.

Thank you, JC, for the reply. Looking forward to the sizes and pricing of the H&A moissy.

[-]
  •
06-04-2014, 07:00 AM,
(06-03-2014, 10:07 PM)jenncent Wrote: No, they are not. The rough material of SiC is different. So both are SiC, but different forms of it. I think similar looking, but not identical. AG will be whiter I think, but regular moissanite will be more sparkly...according to the reviews.

I haven't seen the H&A cut but, if it performs anything like RB cut moissy, then I think this is an accurate statement. I would add that the quality of the AG's sparkles is different than that of moissanite. Moissanite has more coloured light sparkles (scintillation) than either diamond or the AG. I really love both moissanite and the AG and wear either depending on my mood, but you should be aware that they do perform differently.

ETA - Good Old Gold will be posting a comparison video (H&A diamond, Asha and AG.) A portion of this video is already available on the BTD AG page with the remainder to follow when the video is complete. Keep an eye out for it so you can get an idea of the AG's performance.

[-]
  •
06-04-2014, 08:16 AM,
Mmascall, thanks for the additional info. Your new AG is lovely.

[-]
  •
06-04-2014, 08:50 AM,
(06-04-2014, 08:16 AM)IceBling Wrote: Mmascall, thanks for the additional info. Your new AG is lovely.

Thank you!