H&A moissy vs. OEC for halo setting?
[-]
  •
11-12-2014, 02:48 PM,
H&A moissy vs. OEC for halo setting?
Hi All,
I was just wondering if anyone has pictures of an H&A moissy in a halo setting, or of an OEC in a halo setting? I am in LOVE with the FB OEC I got, but seeing all the pics of H&A moissy has me re-thinking my decision. Just hoping to see some pics and get a better idea of how it would actually look once done.

I feel like I can't "pull the trigger" on this now that I have doubts about the OEC. This forum is awesome but so dangerous because I see all these beautiful things and then second guess myself! Hide

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dancer's post:
  • KTrencha
11-12-2014, 08:58 PM,
RE: H&A moissy vs. OEC for halo setting?
I go through the same thing, figure I'm set on something, then see something completely different and it throws me for a loop. What I try to do is take a few days off the forums/looking at sparklies, and while I'm out doing things I imagine myself wearing the different types of rings. It sounds weird, but it just works, it helps me to realize what I'm really wanting, and what's most my style.

I have seen lots of RB and OEC's in halos around the forums over the years, they both look so gorgeous! Do you have a photo of the style of halo setting you're going for?

[-]
  •
11-13-2014, 06:41 AM,
There is a somewhat forum famous OEC halo for sale on the Bistro right now. http://diamondbistro.com/category/218/Mo...anite.html

[-]
  •
11-13-2014, 12:50 PM,
@Brit thanks for the link! I saw that for sale, but didn't actually click to see what type of stone it was. That does give me hope that an OEC wouldn't go dark or look bad in a halo. That ring is so gorgeous!

[-]
  •
11-14-2014, 05:58 PM,
Have you had a chance to view a H&A in person? That might help with your decision. Both cuts are gorgeous.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
11-15-2014, 09:10 AM,
@MrsK no I haven't yet Sad just pictures. I might just order one from MoCo or something to see. But I always get nervous about ordering stones because I don't trust myself to return them sometimes if I decide they won't work Hide

[-]
  •
11-15-2014, 11:06 AM,
I think seeing in person and comparing with your own eyes is the best way to go. Old cuts vs new cuts is such a personal preference. For me, I think the style of halo I wanted would help me determine as well.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
11-15-2014, 12:05 PM,
Definitely check one out to compare!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
11-16-2014, 01:06 PM,
Thanks @MrK and @jenncent for the advice. I think I should probably do that. I am talking to Beth about an engraved wedding band anyway, so I should probably just take the plunge and try seeing what it looks like IRL. that way I can see both next to my current e-ring and decide.