Hair jewels? Inspire me please!
[-]
  •
11-03-2013, 12:52 AM,
Hair jewels? Inspire me please!
Hi lovely ladies,

So I'm in the throes of pregnancy at the moment and despite all the icky things (like sore backs and fat ankles) there are some great things going on. Like for one, my hair is really gorgeous at the moment, thick and lustrous.
I have just realised that at the moment I don't have any pretty decorations to wear in my hair. Just wondering if anyone has pics of pretty jewels that they wear in their hair that I could use for inspiration to enjoy my hair the way it is at the moment!
Also, it would be great if you could recommend any places online or eBay sellers that sell pretty trinkets to wear in your hair. You ladies always seem to have great suggestions!
Thanks!!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
11-03-2013, 02:15 AM,
RE: Hair jewels? Inspire me please!
I love my flexi8 !!! I have lots of different sizes and styles, I can do so many things with my hair with them, and so quickly... Smile
People always ask about them.

[-]
  •
11-03-2013, 04:25 AM,
@Jezebel - what is a flexi8? (Sorry , I've never heard of one). Do you have any pics to share with me?

[-] The following 2 users Like stardust's post:
  • mrsmay07, sparkletiger
11-03-2013, 07:16 AM,
oh, this thread is my jam!

I put all sorts of stuff in my hair. I will definitely get photos! I tend to use fairly non-traditional things in it (like brooches) but there are some great antique and vintage hair combs out there too. I also love ribbon and strings of pearls as accents. Here are a few that were in photobucket-I'll get more.

this is a paste brooch and strand of pearls:
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
antler forks:
hair fork with a silver leaf:
eucalyptus fork:
ribbons:
antique barrettes:
enamel and paste combs:
enamel and paste bee:
tieks flower:

I'll get more for you! I love fiddling with hair. Smile

[-]
  •
11-03-2013, 07:56 AM,
Star, I love your collection of hair jewels. You are incredibly creative. I haven't even heard of eucalyptus fork or antlers forks before. My favourite one though is the paste bee and that picture of you with Tieks flower - you look so elegant there. Your little girl is so adorable, she must have developed some patience putting up with her hair being dressed up like that. I have to brace myself for a screaming session from hell each time I brush my little girl 's hair (she is only 5 though). I keep saying to her that I am going to get her hair cut short unless she stops making such fuss each time I brush it, she insists she doesn't want short hair and it is just me not knowing how to deal with her hair properly... She reminds me of me when I was little and used to blame my mum for pain during my hair being brushed..

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-]
  •
11-03-2013, 06:47 PM,
@stardust What an amazing collection of hair pretties! I love the bee! The pearls in your daughter's hair look so good! I love it!

(11-03-2013, 07:56 AM)sparkletiger Wrote: Star, I love your collection of hair jewels. You are incredibly creative. I haven't even heard of eucalyptus fork or antlers forks before. My favourite one though is the paste bee and that picture of you with Tieks flower - you look so elegant there. Your little girl is so adorable, she must have developed some patience putting up with her hair being dressed up like that. I have to brace myself for a screaming session from hell each time I brush my little girl 's hair (she is only 5 though). I keep saying to her that I am going to get her hair cut short unless she stops making such fuss each time I brush it, she insists she doesn't want short hair and it is just me not knowing how to deal with her hair properly... She reminds me of me when I was little and used to blame my mum for pain during my hair being brushed..

I know how that feels! My girls have crazy thick curly hair, it get's all matted up in the wind and when they sweat, so I always have to put it up/braid it and there is always a fight. My oldest (4) is very much opposed to a haircut, so it's just a daily battle. She dances, so getting her hair straightened then up in a neat bun for recitals is a serious challenge!

[-]
  •
11-03-2013, 07:50 PM,
@stardust - wow, thanks for uploading those photos. So many ideas for me to try! Loved the antler forks, but those may be a bit "out there" for me!
I can really see myself wearing the gold antique barrette you had in your hair as well something similar to the enamel and paste comb. I think they just had a little something to your ensemble! (And big pro: they are easy to just stick in your hair. These days I dont really have a lot of time to sit in front of my mirror to do my hair.....)
The ribbons are also a great idea for my DD. She has just turned 3 and her hair is growing really long. I'm not sure I could braid ribbons through my own hair, it looks hard to do!!
And that tieks flower just looked perfect with your pearls. What a feminine outfit. I really need to do something like that when Im feeling a bit swollen and annoyed with my fat ankles.

[-]
  •
11-03-2013, 07:59 PM,
(11-03-2013, 06:47 PM)mrsmay07 Wrote: @stardust What an amazing collection of hair pretties! I love the bee! The pearls in your daughter's hair look so good! I love it!

(11-03-2013, 07:56 AM)sparkletiger Wrote: Star, I love your collection of hair jewels. You are incredibly creative. I haven't even heard of eucalyptus fork or antlers forks before. My favourite one though is the paste bee and that picture of you with Tieks flower - you look so elegant there. Your little girl is so adorable, she must have developed some patience putting up with her hair being dressed up like that. I have to brace myself for a screaming session from hell each time I brush my little girl 's hair (she is only 5 though). I keep saying to her that I am going to get her hair cut short unless she stops making such fuss each time I brush it, she insists she doesn't want short hair and it is just me not knowing how to deal with her hair properly... She reminds me of me when I was little and used to blame my mum for pain during my hair being brushed..

I know how that feels! My girls have crazy thick curly hair, it get's all matted up in the wind and when they sweat, so I always have to put it up/braid it and there is always a fight. My oldest (4) is very much opposed to a haircut, so it's just a daily battle. She dances, so getting her hair straightened then up in a neat bun for recitals is a serious challenge!

+100! I am terrible at styling hair and my daughters have all fought me every step of the way. I am always threatening haircuts, lol.

[-] The following 1 user Likes EarthDiva's post:
  • sparkletiger
11-03-2013, 08:01 PM,
Stardust you are a hair diva, honey! I love what you're doing and the ribbons in your DD's hair are so gorgeous!!! (Wouldn't happen in my house without sedatives. One for me and one for the kid and there would probably still be blood drawn, lol.)

[-]
  •
11-03-2013, 08:08 PM,
@stardust - just looking at your photos again, and that antique barrette is definitely my favourite! Where did you get it?