Half Moons for my AVC setting
[-]
  •
11-25-2014, 12:50 PM,
Half Moons for my AVC setting
Hi everyone! I received a video from Wink who has sourced a potential pair of half moons for my AVC setting. What do you all think? They are K VSI ... look fairly warm in this video but he does mention they aren't that warm in real life. My AVC is also a K so I wanted them to match, or nearly match.

http://handshake2.jivesystems.com/videos...?tag=88159

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
11-25-2014, 01:31 PM,
RE: Half Moons for my AVC setting
They are gorgeous! Is wink making your ring? I think if you can get the sides chosen by someone who can do it with the center there is the best chance of match.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-] The following 2 users Like ohsnapdragon's post:
  • Lorrissey, mmascall
11-25-2014, 02:00 PM,
(11-25-2014, 01:31 PM)jenncent Wrote: They are gorgeous! Is wink making your ring? I think if you can get the sides chosen by someone who can do it with the center there is the best chance of match.

Well, I'm not sure yet. I emailed DK, Beth and Wink for quotes on the moons. The best find was from Wink. So now we are asking for quotes on the actual setting. Here's a pic of what we're thinking:

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

I would really like to have whoever sources the stones do the setting so they can compare as you said, but I'm not sure I can afford Wink's custom work.

[-]
  •
11-25-2014, 02:07 PM,
@ohsnapdragon That is a gorgeous setting! The finished ring is going to be spectacular - I'm drooling over it Smile

[-]
  •
11-25-2014, 02:57 PM,
They look like K's and Wink is definitely an expert so I would send him your AVC and ask him to photograph together...(That is what I did with my EC from GOG-I put it next to the traps they sourced, next to each other before deciding)- exciting for you!

On other sites, I am aka JadoreDiamonds or ArtdecoLover71 but trying to keep it to one name now :-)

*loving all things diamond, old and new, with art deco flare!
[-]
  •
11-25-2014, 03:00 PM,
I think that will be beautiful!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
11-25-2014, 03:48 PM,
They are beautiful! My only concern is that the one on the right seems to flash a little more sparkle and light than the one on the left, but I can't tell if it's just because it's on that side or camera angle or something. I'd ask for one more vid maybe to make sure they will look equally sparkly on both sides of your stone. Otherwise I think they are outstanding!
Edited to add: I could also be hallucinating or seeing something no one else does.

[-]
  •
11-25-2014, 06:23 PM,
(11-25-2014, 03:48 PM)Bluespawkles Wrote: They are beautiful! My only concern is that the one on the right seems to flash a little more sparkle and light than the one on the left, but I can't tell if it's just because it's on that side or camera angle or something. I'd ask for one more vid maybe to make sure they will look equally sparkly on both sides of your stone. Otherwise I think they are outstanding!
Edited to add: I could also be hallucinating or seeing something no one else does.

Good idea, I think I will ask him for another video and ask him to give a more detailed opinion on the color as well.

[-]
  •
11-25-2014, 06:24 PM,
(11-25-2014, 02:57 PM)ArtdecoLover71 Wrote: They look like K's and Wink is definitely an expert so I would send him your AVC and ask him to photograph together...(That is what I did with my EC from GOG-I put it next to the traps they sourced, next to each other before deciding)- exciting for you!

Can I do this if I ultimately end up getting the setting elsewhere though? Feels awkward to be like "Ok great now mail them all to a competitor!"

[-]
  •
11-25-2014, 07:31 PM,
They are beautiful! Like another poster said I did see a slight difference between the stones but couldn't pinpoint it the way she did so I ditto another video. As far as getting the setting elsewhere IMO it's completely acceptable, especially since you'd be buying the side stones from Wink so he's making a sale regardless. I'd imagine opinions differ there but that's my two cents. AND that setting you've created is incredible, I can't wait to see the finished product! I love the three stone it's inspired by so I know yours will be lovely!