Halo Rings
[-]
  •
01-23-2014, 06:38 PM,
Halo Rings
Has anyone seen a halo with a large round stone? I would love it around a 10mm but I have yet to find one. It seems to be popular in 8mm and smaller. I would love either moissanite or diamond halo but don't have a clue where to find one. I am not interested in custom making a ring. Anyone know where it can be found ready made?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-23-2014, 07:15 PM,
RE: Halo Rings
What is your budget? I would think any stock halo could be made to fit a 10mm stone. I would just want my stone to either be bezeled or to sit snug in a basket. I'm not a fan of the raised head above a halo look that you see in mall stores. I have heard good things about Gabriel and Co halos.

And now round but my AC is 11mm (give or take as it is not a round but a cushion) and I have it haloed. I prefer thin halos on larger stones to give it some balance without looking too over the top.

The best things in life are free; the second best are expensive.
~Coco Chanel
[-]
  •
01-23-2014, 07:20 PM,
Most stock settings will have that option. So if there is one you like, it could be possible. This is an example from Stuller, but there are a lot more.

http://www.stuller.com/products/121987/3...pId=113387

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-23-2014, 07:37 PM,
SB, I agree with you about the snug fit in a basket or bezel. I, too, am not a fan of the raised stone above the halo. I will probably ask my jeweler about Stuller mountings as I know he has their catalogs. I'm a bit afraid of his quote since he quoted me $1000 for a plain bezel for an 11mm stone!