Happy Stories of Used Settings and New Stones,
[-]
  •
10-21-2014, 09:08 AM,
Happy Stories of Used Settings and New Stones,
With what has happen to my ring my confidence has really been shaken regarding used settings. So much so I have seriously considered giving up on my search for the perfect used Tiffany setting all together and just getting a new Vatche or other Tiffany replica setting for my new AG. The thing is I really LOVE the idea of used settings SO much. It is my type of recycling and I really don't want to give it up. So I would REALLY appreciate some happy successful stories (and pictures if you have them) of settings that you all have had reset with a different stones that have turned out beautifully.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-21-2014, 11:16 AM,
RE: Happy Stories of Used Settings and New Stones,
I don't have a story... but I do not think you should give up this search!! What happened was very unfortunate, but it was totally the jewelers fault!! Not some flaw with the used setting. There are a lot of shoddy jewelers out there, but there are also a lot of great ones! Wink

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-21-2014, 11:19 AM,
I am sorry you have had so many troubles - bad juju with jewelery is the worst!! I've done this many times, here's one example of a ring I got used that I put a new stone in! I love finding used settings because it's great recycling, and I really feel I'm bringing something back to life! Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
(more pics here)

[-]
  •
10-21-2014, 11:34 AM,
I did this with a setting from @HS4S and a used AG, sent both off to amcor and they came to me looking perfect Smile

[-]
  •
10-21-2014, 12:15 PM,
I am glad you liked it! I think your AG looked perfect in the setting!

[-]
  •
10-21-2014, 05:33 PM,
I agree that you shouldn't give up on the idea of recycling a setting. I think it's a great way as @Turks said of breathing new life into a piece, while also saving your wallet a wee bit of cash. I hope to have a few examples for you in a few days. Wink