Happy pearl ending! With pics.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bluespawkles's post:
  • mrsmay07
01-08-2014, 08:32 PM,
Happy pearl ending! With pics.
So I wanted to post an update, since I can't do anything about the last thread.
Mistakes happen, but since the boss talked on the phone with my husband things have been much better. He has been very helpful and it soothed my feelings, and long story short, I ended up buying two more strands to replace the one that got away...Toofunny
So without further ado, here are the pearls that came today. My awful photos of them anyway. They are silver blue, and my lighting is very yellow. When I first opened them I didn't know what to think. I knew it was a risk because I'm not a big fan of weird shapes, I prefer circled tahitians to baroques. But I was hoping the blueness would make up for the shape. But they aren't that blue. They definitely are blueish, but it doesn't show on camera so much.
They have weird greenishness and brown rings in the photos, nothing like that in person. There is NO green whatsoever. It's just my low light and bad photo skills.
But now I think the shape looks like jellyfish and I'm bonded. The luster is crazy though.

This one is as accurate as possible, but the paper towel is yellow, not white, so obviously off. The far side of this pic is more accurate than the closer side, if that makes sense.
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

My husband holding them with his pinkie, lol. He's 6'3"

Lustre shot. They are not this dark.

Jellyfish nestling on my pink hoody.

Darker than real life, but shiny!

So there are some pics that don't do the necklace justice. They have weird green and brown rings in the photos, nothing like that in person. Just dark gray/blue rings where there are some. Tomorrow I'll have good light, these came in the evening.
Thanks for the support, sparkle and pearl sisters!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-08-2014, 08:34 PM,
RE: Happy pearl ending!
They look beautiful and I love the blue cast @Bluespawkles! Wink Can I ask what vendor they came from?

[-]
  •
01-08-2014, 08:38 PM,
They are winners. I am SO GLAD that when you got them you loved them!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
01-08-2014, 08:39 PM,
Actually, since I can't edit the post, and I'm happy with them now, I'd prefer not to name them publicly. You can PM me though. Mistakes do happen, but how vendors handle it is what matters.

[-] The following 1 user Likes CricketBug's post:
  • Bluespawkles
01-08-2014, 08:59 PM,
RE: Happy pearl ending! With pics.
Congrats! Shooting pearls is difficult and your strand looks gorgeous!

LOL @ bonding with them. I do the same. Big Grin

What are the other two strand colors/shapes? I am keen to see them!

[-]
  •
01-08-2014, 09:06 PM,
(01-08-2014, 08:39 PM)Bluespawkles Wrote: Actually, since I can't edit the post, and I'm happy with them now, I'd prefer not to name them publicly. You can PM me though. Mistakes do happen, but how vendors handle it is what matters.

I saw before you edited. Wink I agree with you though, and am glad they handled the issues for you.

[-]
  •
01-08-2014, 09:08 PM,
Woohoo these look great and that luster is lovely!

[-]
  •
01-08-2014, 09:15 PM,
Thanks everyone. The other two strands are a bit more flashy. They are circled baroques with lots of multicolored peacock tones. 10mm-12mm. The first has more pinky purple and light blue, and the second is dark blue green with purple and green peacock. Yeah, they may overshadow my jellyfish...a bit.
Oh and jelly measurements are 8.6 to 10.8 so smaller. I thought I liked smaller but I asked the vendor to pick for rings and strong colors and they ended up bigger.

[-]
  •
01-08-2014, 09:22 PM,
I hope you post some "family" shots of the strands together. Big Grin I think i was a pirate in a past life, hence my love for gobs of pearls together. Tongue

[-]
  •
01-08-2014, 09:30 PM,
Ha ha yay! I'm excited to post family shots. I'll have these three strands, plus I didn't post my 100inch one I got on black friday, plus a small drop one, plus the two necklaces I'm getting from Belle..
Yeah...only as I type that now does it sink in just how ridiculous I've been. I was never this 'gotta catch 'em all' over sparklies.
Now I have pearl guilt...sad day...
Does anyone else ever feel guilty for having nice things?