Has anyone ever used a Dremel?
[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 02:21 PM,
Has anyone ever used a Dremel?
I've been successful in eliminating the brown spots, but not the thick smudges left behind on my moissy. I'm certain the brown would come back if not for my constant cleaning. I can still use my finger nail to push and pull but never fully remove the adhesive left behind. I've tried everything. My husband is so annoyed with me. Last night he joked about giving me the Dremel to buff and polish the gunk off. Has anyone ever been so bold as to go this route? Also it appears to be on the underside of the stone; in the all little places I may never reach. Soooo frustrated. This is affecting my love affair Jules. Actually, Jules isn't the problem it's the the moissy. I'm beginning to think I may have to send it in to a jeweler.
I've also noticed that the the table isn't level with the bezel. The adhesive smudges are playing ring around the bezel as if it were stuck in between the bezel and the moissy. I'm not certain if it was always set this way or if the stone has come loose, maybe shifted and dropped slightly
Enough with the babbling.
Opinions please...

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 02:50 PM,
RE: Has anyone ever used a Dremel?
@EmeMac I am so sorry to hear you are still struggling with this . I just got an OEC bezel ring myself and am dreading something like this happening. The stone can be taken out easily to be cleaned if prong set, but with bezel it ain't so easy. Did you try steam cleaning?

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 03:05 PM,
I would not use a dremel on it at all........ if the silver polish is not removing it best thing I can think of it to have a jeweler look at it.. I know David Klass set that stone in its Bezel .. maybe sending it to him to look at would be the best option...

[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 03:13 PM,
@LaurieLee I was thinking the same thing. Especially now that I've noticed the off balance table. I can even hear a little faint rattle too ?. I just don't want to be without her, but I'm thinking this is my only option. I'll do a search for his contact info, but if anyone has it please pass it on.
Thanks!

[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 03:18 PM,
@EmeMac

dkinla1@aol.com

I believe thats it.. I will check my mail though (yep ....thats his email) heres his phone number as well.......(213) 489-4569

Rattling is not a good thing to hear..:-(.. I would talk to him concerning it.... the yucky stain thingy it has and about the rattling.. and send it to him for sure...

[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 03:21 PM,
I'm so sorry you are still struggling with this. Definitely send it in...you don't want to risk damaging the stone/setting.

[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 03:49 PM,
Thanks ladies! I've heard wonderful things about DK. I will contact him. The funny thing is that any "normal" person wouldn't notice any of these things. Not us girls though. I've been wanting to send him another ring in need of a face lift... Two birds, one stone. Sadly this leaves me with no Ering ?. I've been meaning to get a simple spare just for these types of situations. ?

[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 03:57 PM,
please do not do that.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 04:57 PM,
I wouldn't use a Dremel on a stone. You may do some serious damage to the stone. If it sounds as though it is rattling around, it is likely shifted out of place. I would definitely call or email DK. I'm sure he will have no issues fixing it up for you.

[-] The following 1 user Likes yonder's post:
  • Purdy
01-26-2014, 05:44 PM,
Sorry to hear your stone is not smudge free yet. Even though you will likely be sending the ring to DK for additional reasons, there is a product I want to recommend to you. I use it all the time and I think it may remove the adhesive from your ring even if it is on the bottom in hard to reach places.
It is called De-Solv-it and it has removed any and every sticky thing I have ever tried it on, including dried on paint, mineral deposit stains, candle wax and label adhesives from plastic containers. It works as well or better than goo gone but is a gentle, bio-degradable citrus based solution and has no harsh chemicals. It is a bit oily so the item needs cleaning with soap and water afterwards.
I swear by this stuff and have a spray bottle in every bathroom and my kitchen. I usually buy it at Wal-mart but you may also find it at BBB, or your local Ace or other hardware store. Here is a link to the product website: http://www.de-solv-it.com