Has anyone had hinges put in their ring shanks for knuckle problems
[-]
  •
01-19-2014, 07:35 AM,
Question  Has anyone had hinges put in their ring shanks for knuckle problems
As some may remember, my knuckles are problematic. Someone at work suggested having a hinge placed in the shank, she has one. She needs some tool or pen to open it. Will this ruin the integrity of the ring? Should I just squeeze into my new ring and forego the hinge? I really like the thought of one continuous shank. Any thoughts? Thanks ladies...
PS I have tried sizing balls and I felt them too much.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-19-2014, 10:00 AM,
RE: Has anyone had hinges put in their ring shanks for knuckle problems
I've had a lot of customers over the years put in arthritic shanks and the one I'd recommend most would be Superfit. http://www.superfitrings.com/home.asp In my opinion it's the least noticeable when it's on and there are no protrusions or anything like that. Just keep in mind with these types of shanks, they tend to break in some way or the other after a few years of wear, just like a necklace clasp, and they're expensive to replace. But it's completely worth it if it helps with your knuckles. Smile I hope you're able to find a solution!!

[-]
  •
01-19-2014, 10:16 AM,
Have you tried a spring inside your ring? My MIL has a few of those for her rings. I'm not sure how comfortable they are first hand, but she has told me they are helpful. She has them not because it's hard to get over the knuckle but for spinning, but I think the purpose would be the same.

[-]
  •
01-19-2014, 10:55 AM,
If I had joint problems, I would definitely have a hinge put in. KJMM had one for a while, she bought in on the bistro I think, and she said it was cool. Wouldn't a ring that you could get on and off without any worry be great!?

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-19-2014, 11:22 AM,
I think it is a great idea as well. It is painful to force the ring over the knuckles :-(

[-]
  •
01-19-2014, 01:16 PM,
I just hate the thought of breaking the continuity of the band. And I'm also worried about the maintenance. Hmmm...once I put my rings on I leave them for the most part. Not enough evidence and reviews out there that I could find. Thanks all for chiming in Wink