Have you ever puchased something.....
[-]
  •
11-10-2013, 07:24 AM,
Wink  Have you ever puchased something.....
and been surprised how much you love it when you see it in person?

I didn't think I liked white pearls until I saw white metallic from Pearl Paradise. I thought they were just for old ladies.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
11-10-2013, 10:29 AM,
RE: Have you ever puchased something.....
Yes, pearls in general, lol. I thought they were shiny before, but I had never seen orient in real life. Once I started to see pearls with orient it changed everything for me.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
11-10-2013, 10:57 AM,
I've loved pearls since being a little kid—as well as shiiiiiny, sparrrrklie stuff. LOL! I am convinced I was a pirate in a former life, with trunks of pretties to look at and run my fingers through. Haha! My DH and I joke that I was also a crow/magpie in a former life... "Ooooh, look! Sparklie! Mine!" Banana So, that can be sparkles of frost on the snow; twinkly stars at night; sun glinting off waves in the summer; diamonds, moissanite etc.; yes, the shininess of pearls... Mmmmm, shiny-sparklie. Heart Heart Heart It all makes my heart sing and brings a happy smile to my face.

[-]
  •
11-10-2013, 02:01 PM,
My mom had pop bead pearls when I was little. She wore faux pearls everyday to work, button shape with screwbacks. I always thought they were real, what do kids know. I bought my first real pearl and it was a Tahitian. After that I was hooked and just bought black pearls. My friend wears many colors and convinced me to try white, they always seemed so formal and I am a jeans type of girl.

[-] The following 1 user Likes OoohShiny's post:
  • MrsK
11-10-2013, 02:18 PM,
Yeah, I love pearls, and have experienced that often with them. They are just so much better in person!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
11-10-2013, 02:29 PM,
(11-10-2013, 02:01 PM)The Third Graft Wrote: My friend wears many colors and convinced me to try white, they always seemed so formal and I am a jeans type of girl.

To me, that's the beauty of pearls—you can wear them with anything! LoveLove Well, a set of biggun's, like the huge Marg-Wilma pearls in another thread, might be a tad much with jeans, but if I saw someone wearing them with jeans, it'd just make me smile!

LOL! at the pop-bead pearls. We had those for play, when I was a kid. Loved 'em, too! Big Grin

[-]
  •
11-10-2013, 03:16 PM,
TTG, I have not really gotten into white pearls yet either. I really do prefer colour, but there are some looks in white that I ant to try one day.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
11-11-2013, 03:54 AM,
CricketBug. I haven't thought of pop beads for years. I found some on ebay in case someone wants to know what they are.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Very-Cool-Versit..._438wt_964

From necklace to bracelet in two pops.

[-]
  •
11-11-2013, 07:19 AM,
(11-10-2013, 07:24 AM)The Third Graft Wrote: and been surprised how much you love it when you see it in person?

I didn't think I liked white pearls until I saw white metallic from Pearl Paradise. I thought they were just for old ladies.

yes, a few times. more often with pearls. I've owned so many and they were always gorgeous....but they didn't make my heart flutter. My onions when they first came (I was slightly worried about them) knocked my socks off. I still catch my breath to this day when I take them out of their bag.

[-]
  •
11-11-2013, 12:41 PM,
(11-11-2013, 03:54 AM)The Third Graft Wrote: CricketBug. I haven't thought of pop beads for years. I found some on ebay in case someone wants to know what they are.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Very-Cool-Versit..._438wt_964

From necklace to bracelet in two pops.

LOL! If I had a bracelet with a matching clasp to a necklace, I too, could enjoy a pop-bead-style long necklace! Big Grin