Having a moment
[-]
  •
12-20-2012, 10:50 AM,
Having a moment
When Lorri was posting that she may just want to get an eternity ring instead of an e-ring, I was thinking how much that resonated with me. While I really love my 8mm OEC, I don't really wear it anywhere. It's too big for work, and hubby's friends are all poor grad students who don't wear ANY jewelry -so I don't feel comfortable wearing it around them. My MIL freaks when she sees it, so I don't wear it around hubby's family either.

I really love wearing my 4.5mm five stone and earrings. I think they're sparkly and very professional for my job. I have been eyeing bracelets too. It seems like those are daily pieces.

I wonder if I part of me wanted an e-ring because my friends were getting them and it was a thing where all of us get together and look at each others ring. I'm having an existential sparkle crisis...... If I sell it, will I regret it? Thoughts? It's not that I want another style e-ring, I think the OEC is fab..... I'm just being weird Hide

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
12-20-2012, 11:02 AM,
RE: Having a moment
So you never wear it at all? Why does your MIL freak out when she sees it?

I sort of know what you mean. I really only wear my rings when I go to work or out to dinner. They are off at home. If I go grocery shopping, I just wear my 3.5mm 18K rose gold wedding band. I regret some of the choices I've made in purchasing sparklies. Okay, maybe most of them. I wish I had been more patient, but then again I did wait a long time to buy my first ring... so who knows. Personally, I think *I* would be okay with having just ONE big rock. Lately, I've been thinking I should collect earrings instead, because I almost always wear earrings.For some reason, I can't bring myself to do it yet!

Soooo after all of that babble. lol I think you might regret it if you get rid of it. If you really don't wear it ever and think you'd be happier with a bracelet, then maybe selling it is a good idea. You could use the money from the ring to put towards something you know you'll wear.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ali_roxx's post:
  • Anxiouslywaiting
12-20-2012, 11:08 AM,
I wear my ring all the time. It just makes me feel better! lol I work in healthcare and no one ever says anything about it. My mom thinks its real even thought she should know it is moissanite. This weekend will be the first time I will wear it around other family, so I'll let you know how that goes. I have an 8mmm unenhanced Oec.

If you never wear your ring because you are self consciencous about it, then I say maybe to sell it and put the money towards something you WILL wear. It does not make sense to me to just keep something in your jewelry box. I understand your sparklie crisis! Except, I want a bigger stone with a new ering. lol I think everyone is different. Bighug Hope you come to a conclusion! Keep us posted!! We are all here for you Smile

[-]
  •
12-20-2012, 11:21 AM,
Thanks ladies. I do love the size 7.5mm was a bit too small for me. I'm a designer bag and high heels kind of girl and hubby is a sweatpants and dirty sneakers kind of guy. My friends scattered across the US recently, which makes me sad. I would wear my ring if I hang out with them. But my current life is VERY busy with a fulltime job and fulltime school. I don't hang out that much and when I do it's with hubby's friends who are just like him.

MIL is a freak. When I got my 1.25 original moissy her parents and a couple of other people were there. Everyone said "oh how pretty" she says, "um, it's big." I think she thinks I'm spending all of her baby's money. I do pass my jewelry off as diamonds, I figure you either tell everyone or no one. I mean she has an opinion on EVERYTHING. Also she doesn't know how much I made, so she needs to zip it Smile

Wait what was I talking about...... hahaha I forget. At most I think I wear it once a week to school, where it totally raises some eyebrows. I think I need a fancier life to match my jewelry. In actually, when I have kids I'll probably get to wear my rings even less. Hahaha, what is wrong with me?!

[-]
  •
12-20-2012, 11:28 AM,
Yeah, MIL definitely needs to zip it. Your finances aren't her business!

I think we all need a fancier life. lol At least, I know I do. I'm actually a jeans, t-shirt with a pair Converse sneakers kind of girl. I don't know how I got addicted to this stuff.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
12-20-2012, 11:32 AM,
Hahahaha, actually after moving to nyc I've been wearing flats 24/7. Yeah MIL is so weird, her and FIL both make really good money but they have a mortgage that it knocks them on their butt every month, while hubby and I totally live within our means. So yeah...

Hahaha thanks Mrs.K. You're awesome, I always think we have a lot in common. What are your jewelry regrets?

[-]
  •
12-20-2012, 11:41 AM,
I love flats! That's what I wear to work most of the time. I tried to do the heels for awhile, but I just can't. They are not comfortable.

I regret buying the first engagement ring. It was an 8mm RB Amora moissanite. It was pretty, but it wasn't me. I bought it and decided I didn't like the setting, so I put it in a new one. Then I realized when I got that one, it wasn't the setting...it was the big RB that I didn't like. I regret buying the emerald cut ruby. It's pretty, but I hate the rectangular shape on me. That probably sounds weird. Then there's the different bands I've tried (eternity and wedding bands), but have never been able to find the perfect one. I'm crazy. lol

I just feel like I've wasted some money and shouldn't have. So I am trying hard to be more careful with my purchases. I have a bunch of ideas, but keep telling myself to stop and think about them more, because chances are there will be something else I want more. I am looking forward to my big pink rock though. That was a split decision, but I don't think I'll regret it. I loved my bp ring, I just thought the stone was too small. I probably won't be thinking that when the new one arrives, eh? Haha.

[-]
  •
12-20-2012, 11:53 AM,
I totally understand what you mean by needing a fancier lifestyle. We live within our means also. I am a full-time student and work parttime where Zach works fulltime and then some lol. they work like 70 hour weeks. Anway, I am like you girls jeans and tshirt and sometimes heels. but mostly flip flops. Smile Zach has want made me more into jewels because I am not very girly. lol. I am glad I am not the only understated type who got addicted to jewels.

More sparkles, I have kids and I wear my ring all the time, but I am a designer bag girl!! I love my coach bags Heart

My own mother only wears a band so she thiks my ring is silly lol!! My sisters only wear bands too besides my oldest sister and she has a .5 carat marquis diamond.

[-]
  •
12-20-2012, 11:59 AM,
I think the 9mm will be amazing!

I also have the resetting bug, I've been trying to ignore it. Sparkles are a wonderful, but pricey hobby. I also think patience is key. I used to get so excited to buy things, but later thought "do I really want/need THIS?" It's just fun to have a project sometimes. The other thing I'm trying to do it get jewelry for important occasions so it has important meaning. When I first got into jewelry, my mom told me to get things for important occasions, but I thought that there were a few staples I wanted right away. Now I see her point. It will make it more special.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • Rusalka
12-20-2012, 12:21 PM,
do not sell it!! I will slap you silly. Wear it when you feel life wearing it. Smile But you love it, and really, you will take a loss on it. Just save up for a bracelet. I wear rings when I go out out only. I live in the country. I wear gum boots a lot, lol. I am fancy in my heart, but unfortunately, Jesus didn't get the memo that I needed a fancy like too. He gave me this life instead, so I have way too many rings, that reasonably speaking are celebrity big, and I just wear them when I can and feel like it, yoga pants, gum boots, and all. Other people can get over it. They look like they cost a house, but I am smarter than that. So they can think whatever. Even if I can't wear them all the time, they make me so happy. And in my whole life, they will worn, and then my kids will get them. Wink

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website