Help OEC are slowly going! To buy or wait?
[-]
  •
02-18-2015, 12:01 AM,
Help OEC are slowly going! To buy or wait?
I'm pretty sure my sweet spot is an 8mm OEC which I have bezel set and I adore. Moco is all out of 8mm OEC and won't be getting anymore. Oren from eBay at moissaniterus has only one 8mm OEC left.

I know the patent expires in August and prices might go down but I'm afraid others may not cut them so well or they might not cut OEC at all so now I'm tempted to pick up some OEC's while I have the chance!

Any OEC moissy lovers out there getting antsy or is it just me?? I baby my OEC and spin around keeping it hidden in my palm when I sleep cause sometimes I hit the head board and I hear it grind! It really scares me!

I'm thinking a right hand ring for fun, a half eternity wedding band,and some stud earrings. Blush I just really adore this cut, especially the regular moissy that's all buttery. Totally loving a RHR like this from etsySparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-18-2015, 07:50 AM,
RE: Help OEC are slowly going! To buy or wait?
If you want another, I would buy now. I wouldn't bet on anyone else cutting OECs. Other than the ladies on the forums, I don't think there was a big demand for them.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
02-18-2015, 11:00 AM,
We are still able to get them, but the supply is less and less, and finding a good one is getting harder. I would not wait if you know you want one. Old cut diamonds are disappearing too, people just do not want old cuts, generally speaking. I would not count on anymore in the future.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-17-2015, 08:50 AM,
it is really sad to hear this as I just recently fell so hard for old cuts!

[-]
  •
03-17-2015, 02:05 PM,
I would buy now.

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
03-17-2015, 02:07 PM,
If you know you want one, I wouldn't wait.

[-]
  •
03-17-2015, 04:24 PM,
there's always chriscz oec, but I LOVE moissanite and it's moodiness. i think it just adds more character!

[-] The following 1 user Likes Circe's post:
  • stardust
03-24-2015, 12:30 PM,
I will admit, I just caved to the fear that when they were gone, they'd be gone for good and ordered the 10mm unenhanced I've been craving.

For me, it's less the fear that no one will cut any more ever again - I'm sure some of the custom cutters will be having a party once rough is more readily available. It's that the rough is getting "better" - by which they always seem to mean "whiter" - and I love the variability and extreme fire that you see in the original material! So, yeah. If I'm wrong, it'll be an expensive lesson ... but since I'd regret the lost opportunity nmore than the lost money if it went the other way, I took the gamble.

That said, I sincerely hope that Jon at GOG goes through with the possibility of moissanite AVCs and AVRs. I can barely imagine the fire ... ?

[-]
  •
03-24-2015, 01:08 PM,
If GOG cuts avc in moissy, my life will be complete!

[-] The following 1 user Likes MrsK's post:
  • stardust
03-28-2015, 04:56 PM,
I decided to get a couple of 6mm and have some earrings made. Just in case!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.