Help! Second CAD.
[-]
  •
11-26-2014, 12:58 PM,
Help! Second CAD.
Alright ladies, I need help! Here was my first CAD -

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

After seeing this I got the idea to bring the stone down and cut the metal so that the stone was floating and a band could sit flush. Beth just sent me this CAD and it does nothing for me ... BUT I feel like the concept could be really fantastic. I know I'd want a single line of the gold vs. where the two meet but please, please, please - any suggestions on how to make this fluid and cohesive? There has to be a way to make my vision a romantic and feminine reality ... or maybe I am reaching too far and should stick to the original design. Any and all suggestions and opinions are very much appreciated!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
11-26-2014, 01:12 PM,
RE: Help! Second CAD.
I really prefer the more fluid petal of the first one... Can they stick with that, but just make the whole thing a bit lower?

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • stardust
11-26-2014, 01:14 PM,
And bring them to a point more, in the donut, like this, for the flush?

http://www.erikawinters.com/Engagement-R...taire.html

I prefer the cathedral on yours though. Wink

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
11-26-2014, 02:14 PM,
I'm with jenn, I love the first one. It's very Tacori to me, which is so gorgeous. I often will be unsure about a ring I see online, but once I get it in person it's just to tiny that I really don't see or notice the small things, especially on the under side. perhaps just ask if they could set your stone lower in the first one, or ask their guidance on how to adjust the cad to make it a lower style?

[-]
  •
11-26-2014, 02:15 PM,
I like the first one best. To me, it looks more fluid. Keep in mind, CADs tend to look a little more bulky looking than the actual finished product.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
11-26-2014, 02:45 PM,
Another thing you could ask about is whether or not you can get a wax model of the design. I am not sure it would be available for your ring, because I think it depends on the bench. However if it is an option, it may be worth it to pay the small fee to have one made. That way you would get a better idea of what it would look like in person.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
11-26-2014, 03:32 PM,
I concur with PP's in that I like the first version better. I am not very creative to help you any further. Sorry. Good luck though!

[-]
  •
11-26-2014, 04:20 PM,
Yeah it looks like they've taken your edits a bit too literally there. I had thought what you meant was for the bottom to sit on the doughnut, but be shorter in height, rather than just chop the design off. It could work if the circles/petals were closed and angled in more.

[-]
  •
11-26-2014, 04:40 PM,
I'm a huge fan of the first one.

[-]
  •
11-26-2014, 04:42 PM,
I found some photos that might help in your predicament.. Sorry they're all so huge! These look like they would all sit flush with another band, yet the pretty basket comes all the way to the bottom.