Help! So confused about design options...
[-] The following 1 user Likes EarthDiva's post:
  • MicheleZ
03-04-2014, 05:03 PM,
Help! So confused about design options...
I'm seriously confused!!!!!!!

On a positive note, I think I found *the* ring design for my DH. Funny enough, the closest single picture I have found to what I want is from a local jeweler that my DH used to buy me stuff from and where we almost bought my E-ring many many moons ago...

So, it would be this ring:

[img]Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
BEST yet BEZELRINGDESIGN4ITAI by alexa.suez, on Flickr[/img]

In place of the brown diamond I bought this sapphire:
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
itaisapphire by alexa.suez, on Flickr

I'm solid on DH's ring plan. Now we get to the part where I AM SOOOOO CONFUSED: My ring. I was going to go with a Leon Mege inspired 3 stone with my pink cushion and cushion Moissy sides. Now that I have seen a bunch of videos of my stone...none of which I can currently upload (working on it), I am hating that idea! It is back to the drawing board. Cry

My stone is a soft, soft pink. Think Morganite but a cooler pink with purple undertones instead of peach. The faceting is very chunky, almost like an antique stone. I love it! But, the sharp, bright moissy cushion will not work with it at all I'm afraid. Too overpowering and wrong on all levels.

I came across a DK design I love...not sure who's ring but it's lovely. What do you ladies think about this design but in White Gold and in place of the blue sapphires, slightly bigger, like 5mm OEC Moissy stones? I think the OEC softer sparkle will complement the sapphire better. I also think I need a bezel or halo or something to contrast with the stone so it doesn't fade into my finger... But I'm shy of pave and halos.

[img]Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
davidklasscushion2 by alexa.suez, on Flickr[/img]

Basically, I'm lost. Help? Please?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-04-2014, 05:06 PM,
RE: Help! So confused about design options...
I think the OECs would be really pretty beside it!!!! Or some custom cut white pear sapphires??

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-04-2014, 05:18 PM,
(03-04-2014, 05:06 PM)jenncent Wrote: I think the OECs would be really pretty beside it!!!! Or some custom cut white pear sapphires??

My DD bought me a ring with small white sapphires and while I Heart it because it's from her, the stones look really bad when they are dirty. I think small white sapphires and me are a bad match.

Do you think the oec in a 5mm will look odd in the pear shaped metal? that blue sapphire is round, but it looks like a smaller stone. I wonder if a bigger round will look odd in there.

[-]
  •
03-04-2014, 05:19 PM,
I like the side stone idea, and I like the bezel idea with that pic you included. Have you looked in to spinels? They're hard, they're sparkly, I just love em. Plus their price tag is pretty sweet, especially at 5mm area. You can usually hunt down a nice matching pair, and they come in light pinks too so that might be something to consider.

[-] The following 2 users Like JuBe's post:
  • always, EarthDiva
03-04-2014, 05:21 PM,
That's a lot like @MrsFloppy's old ring which i ADORE:

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

I do think 5mms will be too big for the sides. But maybe you could do pear moissies for the sides? They look great as sidestones in @always' new ring:

[-]
  •
03-04-2014, 05:27 PM,
@JuBe - Thanks! Where the hell have I been??? @MrsFloppy 's ring is totally gorgeous! I do like the pears, but I'm wondering if I can do something a little different on the sides to make an OEC work... Hmmm

[-]
  •
03-04-2014, 05:31 PM,
(03-04-2014, 05:19 PM)SparkleDancer Wrote: I like the side stone idea, and I like the bezel idea with that pic you included. Have you looked in to spinels? They're hard, they're sparkly, I just love em. Plus their price tag is pretty sweet, especially at 5mm area. You can usually hunt down a nice matching pair, and they come in light pinks too so that might be something to consider.

@SparkleDancer - I did not think about spinels! That is a good idea, too.

[-]
  •
03-04-2014, 06:09 PM,
My pears are 5x3mm Forever Brilliant.

[-] The following 1 user Likes EarthDiva's post:
  • always
03-04-2014, 06:16 PM,
@always - they are really pretty. How flashy are they compared to your RB? I mean, they are obviously a smaller stone but do they perform very differently?

[-]
  •
03-04-2014, 07:03 PM,
I actually don't know! SO hasn't proposed yet. I took pics of the ring on my right hand and only looked at it through my camera. So I haven't technically seen it in real life yet. I think he'll propose in the next couple weeks.