Help! "Time is of essence!"
[-]
  •
08-26-2014, 07:38 PM,
Help! "Time is of essence!"
Ok ladies, so I reached out to the jeweler who made the bezel scroll ring for me. Now, I love all of the elements of this ring except the bezel IMO is a bit too wide. I really was after @smarie look that @EarthDiva helped design. But I think in recreating it, the bezel was not polished as thin as the original and I'm kinda bummed. I need to make a decision by tomorrow!
Now for solutions...
1. Keep as is, live with it
2. Return it (not sure how much $ I'll lose) shipping is a pita
3. Help me. Am I crazy or is the bezel wider? Or is this a case of just not really loving it irl on me?

Here's a picture for reference.
This is smaries (hope she doesn't mind me posting it again)
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
And here is mine

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
08-26-2014, 07:39 PM,
RE: Help! "Time is of essence!"
did you see my pm?

[-]
  •
08-26-2014, 07:46 PM,
(08-26-2014, 07:39 PM)EarthDiva Wrote: did you see my pm?

Yes thank you! I answered...

[-]
  •
08-26-2014, 08:02 PM,
I adore your ring but the bezel is definitely thicker. Can he remake it? Even for a small fee? I would try that since you do love the ring so much. Damn! Unfortunately, it's not the type of ring that DK can copy. Well, he can copy the basic style but it will not be hand forged and therefore will be 100% different.

If Gaelen remaking it is not an option, I would have to say returning it would be best because I just don't think you will grow to accept the bezel, knowing you. I am that way, too, and once something bothers me it cannot be "lived with" at all. With the exception of my family members, lol.

Hugs, doll. I am so sorry it's not perfect as it is.

[-]
  •
08-26-2014, 08:16 PM,
Hmmm! Can you post a shot which is the same size and similar (direct) lighting as the photo from smarie? Is your stone the same size as smarie's? The larger size of your photo makes the bezel look larger, although I wonder if it *might* be a bit of an optical illusion, as well?! Huh

[-]
  •
08-26-2014, 08:24 PM,
Gotta walk the dog. Thanks ladies. Brb. First day of school tomorrow. Really didn't need this stress tonight! Angry mad at myself!

[-]
  •
08-26-2014, 08:29 PM,
Thanks @EarthDiva and @CricketBug
Well it seems that he will not remake it for a small fee. Cry He would rather refund. I might lose 30% restocking (confirming now) though in which case i can't really replace it with a better made setting for the same money...if that makes sense...
Edited to add same size stone. One size difference in ring size.

[-]
  •
08-26-2014, 09:13 PM,
@Slick I'm sorry the bezel is keeping you from completely loving your ring. While I can see that it is slightly thicker than the original style, I don't think it detracts really from the overall ring. It is so very beautiful, and there are more elements to it that make it so beautiful & unique than just the bezel. But you have to love it and love wearing it, so whichever way you decide to go, I hope you arrive at a solution that brings you happiness. Smile

[-]
  •
08-26-2014, 09:20 PM,
(08-26-2014, 09:13 PM)SparkleFactor Wrote: @Slick I'm sorry the bezel is keeping you from completely loving your ring. While I can see that it is slightly thicker than the original style, I don't think it detracts really from the overall ring. It is so very beautiful, and there are more elements to it that make it so beautiful & unique than just the bezel. But you have to love it and love wearing it, so whichever way you decide to go, I hope you arrive at a solution that brings you happiness. Smile

I agree! I think it is such a beautiful ring, including the bezel. Custom, hand forged rings are going to vary ever so slightly, I think it's just the nature of the beast and part of what makes them unique and beautiful. But the bottom line is that you are the one who has to love your ring, and if you are not 100% loving it then it may be better to cut your losses now rather than wait. I have sold many pieces at a 50% or greater loss because something just wasn't perfect to me, so I do understand. Bighug

[-]
  •
08-26-2014, 09:33 PM,
I would perfer it thinner too. With more delicate milgrain. Yours looks more like a rope in the bezel. Which is also cool but I like thinner.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website