7 43.75%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Help and advice OEC Bezel choices
[-]
  •
11-02-2014, 12:09 AM,
Help and advice OEC Bezel choices
Here's my current ring and although I do love it, I've decided for practical reasons my everyday ring should be bezel set. My current ring is very beautiful but the prongs rip/poke my gloves at work. My fiance says to get an 8mm (2ct) not a 7.5mm (1.5ct) OEC that I prefer. Realistically, yes, we can afford a 2 carat diamond so having people second guess it isn't the concern. I have a 7mm, 7.5mm, and 8mm round brilliant cz that I've been wearing in a ring holder for size. Sometimes I love the size of the 8mm and other times it seems too big. Fiance says go big or go home as I'm already having these feelings about my 6.5mm cushion which I've only been wearing since Sept. 2014.....what would you do? and which would you choose?

My current ring
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

the bezel I'm loving is Moco's sol387 with milgrain added, this is Glitzy's ring (and thank you Glitzy for replying so fast! hope you don't mind i posted it here, lmk if you want me to remove it)

i really love Moco's sol400, it's understated, delicate and feminine, but feel like since I already have a ring with scrolls i shouldn't get this one even though i do love it

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
11-02-2014, 08:08 AM,
RE: Help and advice OEC Bezel choices
I voted for #2. I like that ring a lot. I say go for the 8mm too. Big Grin

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
11-02-2014, 08:34 AM,
I don't think you can ever have too many scrolls Smile

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
11-02-2014, 10:20 AM,
I would def go for the 8mm. If you go smaller I think you will regret it. Any time I have been torn between 2 sizes, and have gone smaller, I have regreted it and had to sell it.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
11-02-2014, 12:41 PM,
I was like you about being torn on which one to get. I too already have a scroll ring which I bought from Ginger about two years ago. So I opted for the very basic and simple bezel because my scroll is my "special" ring. I did have to send the scroll ring back to David Klass for a major over haul. It is more beautiful than before and he enclosed all the scrolls. Some of the scrolls were partway open so they would snag on things. But you really can't go wrong with either bezel. They are very comfortable and doesn't even feel like you're wearing a ring. I love the fact that I can stack other rings with it too. Choose what your heart tells you and you can't go wrong. The scroll bezel is a beautiful ring and if your heart is on that one I would definitely choose that one. Good luck and can't wait to see your new ring!!

[-]
  •
11-02-2014, 12:42 PM,
Oh and I voted for you to get the 8mm OEC like mine but in the scroll.

[-]
  •
11-02-2014, 01:40 PM,
I'll be the naysayer. The 8mm is going to look bigger bezel set. If you have hesitations now, I would do 7.5mm. But I'm one who has gone bigger and realized after a lot of trying that I do better with smaller.

I agree that you can never have too many scrolls. Heart

I had a prong set scroll ring from Schubach's. One of the things I really loved about it is that the scrolls were beautiful, delicate and they never caught on anything. So the ring was low maintenance in that regard, and I still got to enjoy their feminine presence.

They did that ring for someone with a bezel and it was PHENOMENAL. @MrsK is the google master so she'll probably find photos quicker than I, but I will try to beat her.

[-]
  •
11-02-2014, 01:41 PM,
ha!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4NHsT6UKAE

[-] The following 1 user Likes appletree's post:
  • JuBe
11-02-2014, 07:07 PM,
(11-02-2014, 01:41 PM)stardust Wrote: ha!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4NHsT6UKAE

Very pretty but I would prefer the bezel lower inside those heart scroll things, it looks too much like a canning lid to me

[-]
  •
11-02-2014, 08:36 PM,
Ditto @stardust ... I used to think "go big or go home" also, but I found 7-7.5 to be my sweet spot that I feel looks perfect on my finger and is a comfortable size for me. The bezel will make the size appear bigger, so go with what you are most comfortable with because you will be the one to wear it. Since you have a scroll ring already (that is gorgeous by the way), maybe consider a different bezel ring design altogether so you have style options. Maybe something modern, or perhaps a sleek semi bezel? My ginger ring (semi bezel) is awesome because it's super comfy and allows for easy stacking. Just a thought if you didn't want to add to much width due to metal.

Here's my Ginger (champagne OMC), but there are various semi bezel rings that might be worth a look.