Help me brainstorm for mah new ruby!
[-]
  •
06-27-2014, 09:38 AM,
Help me brainstorm for mah new ruby!
I am having a 10x12mm step-cut ruby custom cut - I should have it in a few weeks (we are expediting, ya'll). I am sooooo excited! Ruby will be a perfect red and sleepy w/inclusions (same source as my pear and JooJoo's cushions).

I have some idea about what I want: yellow gold bezeling the ruby, but otherwise I want the rest of the ring in white gold. I want diamonds, but not tiny pave, because I'll destroy it and this ring needs to be wearable for me. Comfort. Simplicity. I'm thinking sleek and minimal, if any, milgrain. My thoughts are that it's a HUGE ruby and that, combined with two-tone and diamonds are already heading towards "busy" and I cannot wear busy or overly intricate because it just doesn't suit me.

I would love and welcome any and all suggestions from you girls! Heart

I like this one, but I would bezel it in yellow and do the outer halo and rest of ring in white. Probably go a little thinner on the bands for comfort:

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!coolbezel by EarthDiva, on Flickr

Love this, but how would it work with two-tone? Not sure:

[img]Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!ec_loveit by EarthDiva, on Flickr[/img]

[img]Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!rubysplitshankhalo by EarthDiva, on Flickr[/img]

And the lovely and talented @ JooJooBee4 's magnificent bp pear has inspired me. Obviously, I would do a yellow gold bezel and my stone would be a different shape, lol, but I think a pretty under gallery like this might work.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!joojoo'spearprofile by EarthDiva, on Flickr

THOUGHTS??? Thanks ladies!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
06-27-2014, 09:46 AM,
RE: Help me brainstorm for mah new ruby!
I love the last all gold one, but like your said with a gold bezel and WG everything else! I love the clean lines, but love millgrain detail more! What is your preference? For this ring, I would probably do more of a scroll undergallery swirly design than something floral to compliment the stone! Ahhh I have some ideas turning for you!!

[-]
  •
06-27-2014, 10:04 AM,
I am not going to be much help, more of a mathematical brain here, but I just wanted to say that I love the idea of the gold bezel on the ruby. I am loving bezels lately and also think the under gallery of jjb's is gorgeous. Wearable, shank definitely needs to be thinner, but I like where you're going with this. Love the inspiration photos!

[-]
  •
06-27-2014, 10:26 AM,
@ JooJooBee4 - thank you! I always love your ideas so keep 'em turning! Im really torn about the milgrain. I think it will depend on how many other design elements I have going on. It's one of those things where I love milgrain but I find myself reaching for my simplest rings on a daily basis.

@Slick - i think you underestimate your creativity, lady. Your rings are both really gorgeous.

[-]
  •
06-27-2014, 10:32 AM,
Ahhh I want to draw up stuff for you! LOL. The under gallery of an emerald cut has so much real estate. The possibilities are endless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[-]
  •
06-27-2014, 11:04 AM,
(06-27-2014, 10:32 AM)JooJooBee4 Wrote: Ahhh I want to draw up stuff for you! LOL. The under gallery of an emerald cut has so much real estate. The possibilities are endless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banana I would, of course, love this! Your feedback is awesome, too, though. Smile I'm more partial to geometric or scrolly vs. floral. I love your Moissy EC ring to pieces, along with your bp pear ring. Ahhh...

I have been wanting a huge step-cut for the longest time!

[-]
  •
06-27-2014, 11:59 AM,
(06-27-2014, 10:26 AM)EarthDiva Wrote: @ JooJooBee4 - thank you! I always love your ideas so keep 'em turning! Im really torn about the milgrain. I think it will depend on how many other design elements I have going on. It's one of those things where I love milgrain but I find myself reaching for my simplest rings on a daily basis.

@Slick - i think you underestimate your creativity, lady. Your rings are both really gorgeous.

Haha why thank you but, I do believe I took much advice from yours truly on those rings!!
Is this going to be a RHR or no? Will you want to be able to wear bands with it or are you wanting it to be a standalone?
I think you need it to be super smooth for everyday living, so pave is out. I think the step frame for the side stones might not be comfy. (Second inspiration photo ?), but i do love that that skinny bezel!
Just trying to get my creative juices flowing, rather what little juices I have..

[-]
  •
06-27-2014, 12:28 PM,
(06-27-2014, 11:59 AM)Slick Wrote:
(06-27-2014, 10:26 AM)EarthDiva Wrote: @ JooJooBee4 - thank you! I always love your ideas so keep 'em turning! Im really torn about the milgrain. I think it will depend on how many other design elements I have going on. It's one of those things where I love milgrain but I find myself reaching for my simplest rings on a daily basis.

Haha why thank you but, I do believe I took much advice from yours truly on those rings!!
Is this going to be a RHR or no? Will you want to be able to wear bands with it or are you wanting it to be a standalone?
I think you need it to be super smooth for everyday living, so pave is out. I think the step frame for the side stones might not be comfy. (Second inspiration photo ?), but i do love that that skinny bezel!
Just trying to get my creative juices flowing, rather what little juices I have..

@Slick - thanks for the great feedback! I realized recently that I cannot do RHR's in any capacity. What I need is yet another ring for my one finger that I can tolerate wearing rings on. Crackup You are right, that second ring will annoy me.

[-]
  •
06-27-2014, 02:07 PM,
I like 2 and 3. Smile And I think both would work in 2 tone.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
06-27-2014, 02:18 PM,
(06-27-2014, 02:07 PM)jenncent Wrote: I like 2 and 3. Smile And I think both would work in 2 tone.

Thanks, JC! I think I am leaning towards 3... I have a technical question for ya, lol. Is there a specific way to set the stones that would make them more secure in the shank in #3 setting? I don't care so much for channel set, but bead set, maybe? I'm not sure of the proper terminology. Am thinking about using 2pt. stones for both the halo and shank.