Poll: Which band do you think would look good with my E-ring when completed
#1 3 strand (2 rose and 1 white)
#2 5 strand (4 rose and twist in white)
#3 5 strand (3 rose and 2 white (the yellow gold would be white)
#4 5 Strand (a mix of rose and white..not sure how to lay it out yet)
#5 4 strand (just like it is only Rose where the yellow is)
None- they wouldn't look good with the E-ring
[Show Results]

Help me choose a band for my new DK ring...
[-]
  •
05-05-2013, 09:58 PM,
Help me choose a band for my new DK ring...
I was told I should post this here too...sooo here is my poll! lol

Ok so I want to play off the rope design on the basket of me E-ring, but I don't want it as simple..I want unique and interesting. I found these but I can't decide which would look good and still compliment the ring. DH is hesitant to say that any would, because he "just doesn't see it"...he likes matchy match..and I don't really want matchy matchy. (though eventually I will probably make a 3/4 eternity to wear with it sometimes too.

Here is my E-ring (almost)! Its not completed..will have french pave on the band and the stone will be set and prongs contoured, so that it will look more like my inspiration ring.
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com! Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

I will probably need to narrow it down to 2 or 3 and then revote! lol

now remember..these will be only in rose and white gold

Design #1
3 strand (2 rose and 1 white)
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Design #2
5 strand (4 rose and the tight twist in white)

Design #3
5 strand (3 rose and 2 white (the yellow gold would be white)

Design #4
5 Strand (a mix of rose and white..not sure how to lay it out yet)

Design #5
4 strand (just like it is only Rose where the yellow is)
ETA: pic of my inspiration ring.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
05-05-2013, 11:52 PM,
RE: Help me choose a band for my new DK ring...
My eye is most attracted to #5, I like the uniformity of the rope size. the other options are just as pretty but for stacking next to your soon to be beautiful ER I prefer #5, ther other choices would be more suited for stand alone pieces IMHO.

I love the rope design on the basket of your ring, classic yet with a twist!

[-]
  •
05-06-2013, 12:25 AM,
Yeahthat

Exactly why i voted for the four-strand.

[-]
  •
05-06-2013, 01:06 AM,
I really love ring 2! For some reason I just think the design would go very well with your ring! I think having the rope on your ring (which is gorgeous and I cannot wait to see done!) be in rose gold while having the rope in white gold on the band is fantastic! Also, the rope on the two rings are really similar so that would help unite them as a great set!

[-] The following 2 users Like Hadley's post:
  • Dragonfly, ringcat
05-06-2013, 01:07 AM,
I feel like simpler is better so that it compliments, rather that competes with, your e-ring. I think #1 accomplishes this the best. The white gold is minimal so that it is kind of a whisper between the rose gold, and the overall design flows nicely without being too busy. #5 is the simplest in design, but the equal presence of two gold colors creates competition for attention in my mind.

The others that might be too busy with your e-ring would make stunning stand alone rings. Wow, these are amazing! Are you willing to share your source with us?

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
05-06-2013, 02:45 AM,
Hadley, a little image searching landed me here:

http://www.handwovenbands.com/tri-tone-g...-rings.htm

Lovely bands!!

[-]
  •
05-06-2013, 02:56 AM,
(05-06-2013, 01:07 AM)Hadley Wrote: I feel like simpler is better so that it compliments, rather that competes with, your e-ring. I think #1 accomplishes this the best. The white gold is minimal so that it is kind of a whisper between the rose gold, and the overall design flows nicely without being too busy. #5 is the simplest in design, but the equal presence of two gold colors creates competition for attention in my mind.

The others that might be too busy with your e-ring would make stunning stand alone rings. Wow, these are amazing! Are you willing to share your source with us?

Sure..I stumbled upon them by complete accident after searching for inspiration A LOT!
http://www.handwovenbands.com/

I have narrowed the designs down to #1 (which i labeled incorectly as a 3 strand..its 5), #2 and #5. I wanted to change the poll and then edit the post but I can't figure out how to do it. I made a completely different post on BTD with just the three and hand shots on two of them (though in the wrong colors)..but can't delete the first one over there either! UGGHH!

[-]
  •
05-06-2013, 04:45 AM,
I'm voting #2 - I like that the rope is complementary of your ering, but the design is different enough so it's not a "set" - these are all so cool!

[-]
  •
05-06-2013, 05:54 AM,
I love #2.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
05-06-2013, 05:58 AM,
#2 as well - love the rope and it goes with your ring. Both are beautiful!