Help me decide!
[-]
  •
10-14-2012, 09:04 PM,
Help me decide!
Although Grace is beautiful she didn't make my heart sing. At the same time I had emailed Beth (who is amazing BTW) about a quote for a three stone - but wasn't quite sure that was what I wanted either. Finally, after some sparkly soul searching I decided what I would like is a 7 stone band, .25 carats (4mm) each, OEC unenhanced, 14k yellow gold. BUT I cannot decide between these two. Setting #1 - I really like the way that the stones look like they are tucked tightly with the band and low set. Setting #2 - The U shaped profile is very pretty! But how many people really see the profile? I need to email Beth for a quote but I'm thinking whichever is closer to budget unless there is a compelling reason to go with one over the other. What do you ladies think?

Setting #1

Setting #2

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-14-2012, 09:42 PM,
RE: Help me decide!
I like number 2s profile better. But it is a 5 stone? Does it come as a 7 stone too?

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-14-2012, 09:46 PM,
I prefer the second setting to the first.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
10-14-2012, 09:49 PM,
I like setting #1 better. It looks more comfortable and lower set. I like the stones to wrap around the finger because I think it looks better.

[-]
  •
10-14-2012, 10:09 PM,
It does, they both come in a 7 stone. Ginger, that's what I was thinking too and that it does look better wrapped around the finger.

[-]
  •
10-14-2012, 10:12 PM,
I like the second setting a little better. The shared prongs make it a little less prongs/metally.

[-]
  •
10-14-2012, 10:27 PM,
I didn't even notice the shared prongs. That actually sways me towards the first one more. That way if a prong does break or pull I'm less likely to lose a stone or if I do it's only one vs. two.

[-]
  •
10-14-2012, 11:26 PM,
Are you sure you don't just want a seven stone like this with all yellow gold? Wink

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

[-]
  •
10-14-2012, 11:31 PM,
ahhhhh, Ginger. Another option that I'm loving! Where did you find that?

[-]
  •
10-14-2012, 11:44 PM,
Here it is: http://www.tarratt.co.uk/jewellery/rings...mond-ring/

With mine, they used a casting house and made it sort of custom. I am sure they could do that for yours in yellow gold.