Help me learn a little more or decide
[-]
  •
10-08-2013, 02:10 PM,
Help me learn a little more or decide
I need some more photos or directs to links to see RB vs OEC moissanites.

I have been toying with this idea of moissanite for quite awhile, and I have ordered a few to look at and ended up sending them all back. This was about a year ago. I really want to have a VC Emilya Halo made with a moissanite center stone, but I cant decide between a RB vs OEC. This wouldn't be an engagement ring, already married, but I have always wanted to upgrade my current diamond (a 2 carat cushion) to a round brilliant in a 2.5-3 carat range (our vendor has a phenom upgrade policy as well, so it's not cost that's the issue) it's more, I am having some sentimental issues with the whole idea. Plus, I love my cushion cut diamond. I kind of of want to have my cake and eat it too, haha. I was thinking I could have my second dream ring (my cushion cut diamond was my first), but with a moissanite center stone, until I can figure out what I want to do with my diamond, and if I decide to upgrade the diamond in a 2.5-3, I could do the ole switch out.

I was thinking an 8.5mm or a 9mm round, probably the 8.5mm, I have size 5 fingers, BUT I have some serious issues with that double faceting/blurriness and to be honest, never liked the idea of old stones, but love warm diamonds. However, now I am seeing photos of a RB with crisp faceting and extra white. Can someone show me theirs, or point me in the right direction? I know moissanite has qualities that sets itself apart from diamond, but I think in an emilya halo, you won't be able to see much of a difference except maybe some warmth.

VC does work with synthetics, so no issue there. I just want a crisp crisp diamond like moissanite. Am I asking too much?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-08-2013, 02:51 PM,
RE: Help me learn a little more or decide
I love my OEC 8.5mm moissy. I think it looks better than my diamond. Lol. Check out my thread for comparison between the two. I don't see any of that double refraction that people talk about with my new OEC.
I am more of a simple solitaire girl (so excuse the simple settings) but you will get the idea of the beautiful OEC moissy I just bought. Smile

http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Thread-New...OEC-Moissy

http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Thread-I-s...OEC-Moissy

Fun shopping!

Edited to add. I do love the setting you want! It's beautiful, just doesn't suit my lifestyle. I'd kill it, lol or my students would.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Bling It On's post:
  • Slick
10-08-2013, 03:06 PM,
(10-08-2013, 02:51 PM)Sandeek Wrote: I love my OEC 8.5mm moissy. I think it looks better than my diamond. Lol. Check out my thread for comparison between the two. I don't see any of that double refraction that people talk about with my new OEC.
I am more of a simple solitaire girl (so excuse the simple settings) but you will get the idea of the beautiful OEC moissy I just bought. Smile

http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Thread-New...OEC-Moissy

http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Thread-I-s...OEC-Moissy

Fun shopping!

Edited to add. I do love the setting you want! It's beautiful, just doesn't suit my lifestyle. I'd kill it, lol or my students would.

Sandeek, I've only ever had RB cut stones (diamonds and now the AG which I've ordered but havent seen yet) but that OEC is just amazing! If only the first cuts of the AG had been OEC! I was too impatient to wait though.

[-]
  •
10-08-2013, 03:14 PM,
(10-08-2013, 02:10 PM)rbdbop Wrote: I need some more photos or directs to links to see RB vs OEC moissanites.

I have been toying with this idea of moissanite for quite awhile, and I have ordered a few to look at and ended up sending them all back. This was about a year ago. I really want to have a VC Emilya Halo made with a moissanite center stone, but I cant decide between a RB vs OEC. This wouldn't be an engagement ring, already married, but I have always wanted to upgrade my current diamond (a 2 carat cushion) to a round brilliant in a 2.5-3 carat range (our vendor has a phenom upgrade policy as well, so it's not cost that's the issue) it's more, I am having some sentimental issues with the whole idea. Plus, I love my cushion cut diamond. I kind of of want to have my cake and eat it too, haha. I was thinking I could have my second dream ring (my cushion cut diamond was my first), but with a moissanite center stone, until I can figure out what I want to do with my diamond, and if I decide to upgrade the diamond in a 2.5-3, I could do the ole switch out.

I was thinking an 8.5mm or a 9mm round, probably the 8.5mm, I have size 5 fingers, BUT I have some serious issues with that double faceting/blurriness and to be honest, never liked the idea of old stones, but love warm diamonds. However, now I am seeing photos of a RB with crisp faceting and extra white. Can someone show me theirs, or point me in the right direction? I know moissanite has qualities that sets itself apart from diamond, but I think in an emilya halo, you won't be able to see much of a difference except maybe some warmth.

VC does work with synthetics, so no issue there. I just want a crisp crisp diamond like moissanite. Am I asking too much?

Here is a link to the Moissanite performance thread where lots of Faceters have posted videos of their moissanite stones (there are a lot of OEC videos and some RB videos). Be prepared, there is a lot of sparkle going on... these rings are gorgeous!!
http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Thread-Moi...erformance

Also, everyone here knows I'm super hyped about the Amora Gem as Ive just ordered one. From reviews I've seen, the stones are very diamond like. However, photos do not seem to show them giving off much fire. But they are very white (E and F colour) and have white brilliance much like a diamond. There are some pics and videos on the Facet Lounge too of people who have received their Amora gems (not many) if you are interested.

[-]
  •
10-08-2013, 03:14 PM,
Hi Rbdbop! Welcome
There are so many fantastic educational threads on this forum, the most recent one being Moissanite Performance Thread. If I were you, I would go and read that thread because it is full of videos of RBs and OECs in different lightings, it is quite a collection already! Pictures are two dimensional really and the videos, well... are MUCH better. Check out that thread and see what you think. Smile Here is the link: http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Thread-Moi...erformance

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bling It On's post:
  • sparkletiger
10-08-2013, 03:19 PM,
(10-08-2013, 03:14 PM)sparkletiger Wrote: Hi Rbdbop! Welcome
There are so many fantastic educational threads on this forum, the most recent one being Moissanite Performance Thread. If I were you, I would go and read that thread because it is full of videos of RBs and OECs in different lightings, it is quite a collection already! Pictures are two dimensional really and the videos, well... are MUCH better. Check out that thread and see what you think. Smile Here is the link: http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Thread-Moi...erformance

Haha beat you to it with that link! I also watched your video of your FB moissanite in the sun. Loved it! So much sparkle, now I see what you mean about flashes of fire

[-]
  •
10-08-2013, 03:37 PM,
What about a 9mm H&A amora gem?

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • sparkletiger
10-08-2013, 03:39 PM,
I think, even in just the last year, moissy has really come a long way. So I would be tempted to try again with the loose stones!

Do you have pics of your ering???

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-08-2013, 03:39 PM,
(10-08-2013, 03:37 PM)Turks Wrote: What about a 9mm H&A amora gem?

Yes, they are available without the waitlist! The problem is if you are picky and something is not to your liking, will it be easy to return though?

Oscar Wilde
[-]
  •
10-08-2013, 03:49 PM,
Haha beat you to it with that link! I also watched your video of your FB moissanite in the sun. Loved it! So much sparkle, now I see what you mean about flashes of fire
[/quote]

Ha ha, you are quick!!! Thank you for the compliment. Mine is only tiny at 6.5mm, so not a big rock, but fiery and veeery white. I never see any funky colours at all!!!! Tongue

Oscar Wilde