Help me reset my OEC Moissy
[-]
  •
01-03-2014, 09:00 AM,
Question  Help me reset my OEC Moissy
Hi all! So DH gave the ok for me to reset my 8.5mm OEC Moissy! Banana

I bought it in September but wasn't sure I would love it so I had it temporarily set in an inexpensive solitaire until I could decide if this stone really could replace my diamond for me. Well, I do love it so now I need to find it a permanent forever home (hopefully).

I have been perseverating on what I want! Bezel, solitaire prong set, three stone Harry Winston style with Moissy baguettes, Schubachs, David Klass etc. I am such a Libra, I can't decide...I am not going to post a poll yet because I would love any suggestions.

My requirements are: white gold, easy to wear, low set and it must sit flush with my bands as I love to stack. I don't like it next to diamonds as the color difference bothers me. Will the bezel make it too large for my lifestyle? I am a teacher so I can't be too flashy (ie no halo Sad )

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you all for your help Heart Below are a couple of my inspiration photos.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes JooJooBee4's post:
  • Slick
01-03-2014, 09:17 AM,
RE: Help me reset my OEC Moissy
I always love the classic HW style with the tapered baguettes Smile

[-] The following 1 user Likes sparkletiger's post:
  • Slick
01-03-2014, 09:25 AM,
My favourite is bezel, but I am biased as that is what I am doing...Popcorn

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-] The following 2 users Like poldies4's post:
  • PimpMyRing, Slick
01-03-2014, 09:35 AM,
Love the HW baguette look - my original ering is that setting and I always have to fight myself to stray from it in new rings, lol! It's a classic, for sure.

[-]
  •
01-03-2014, 09:52 AM,
@poldies4 Could you stack rings flush with that setting?
Ladies, thank you! Any other suggestions though, I'm not married to these ideas...I'm a classic style gal.

[-] The following 1 user Likes HS4S's post:
  • Slick
01-03-2014, 10:31 AM,
Hmmm...I have some I love from pricescope. I will see if I can find them.

[-]
  •
01-03-2014, 11:17 AM,
(01-03-2014, 09:17 AM)JooJooBee4 Wrote: I always love the classic HW style with the tapered baguettes Smile

Yeahthat

That is a really gorgeous setting.

[-]
  •
01-03-2014, 12:01 PM,
(01-03-2014, 09:52 AM)Sandeek Wrote: @poldies4 Could you stack rings flush with that setting?
Ladies, thank you! Any other suggestions though, I'm not married to these ideas...I'm a classic style gal.

You can get pretty flush, but not 100%. There's not a large gap because the head comes down to a narrow base, but there is a very slight gap. Like, I notice it, but anyone else would probably think it was seated together. I can't get my original on my finger anymore, but let me see if I can snap a pic of a repro I have with some different stackers... Hold on!

[-]
  •
01-03-2014, 12:07 PM,
me too. I love the classics! Bezels don't sing to me generally. There are a few I love, but I would pick the seamless look of the bags.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-03-2014, 12:07 PM,
@poldies4 Thank you! Also are they tapered baguettes or straight? I can't find any online that I can purchase to see in person.