Help me with my remake project, ideas needed!
[-]
  •
12-02-2014, 11:35 PM,
Help me with my remake project, ideas needed!
Alright, so I've been thinking about this project for the past year and I'm getting closer to figuring out what I'd like, but I'd love some help! My last remake, I do love, but I think if I'd had some input then I may have ended up with something that works so much better than a stand alone ring.

So what I'd like is to reuse all the diamonds I currently have, and make something with preferably only the original stones and nothing more (or at the very least, only a few more if absolutely necessary). I currently have this ring:

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

The center is 4.5mm, the two sides are 4mm, and including the 6 melee on the sides plus other loose melee I've got, I have 36 teeny little stones needing a home. I've also got 7 little rubies of the same size as my diamond melee! Oh! The idea is for yellow gold, but perhaps a white gold basket on the 3 stone.. not sure. I love stacks, I don't have a dedicated e-ring or wedding band (though someday I'll find a perfect little wedding band I swear) and I do have one of those infinity twist rings that I'll probably haphazardly stack with whatever I make, as I'm really not matchy matchy at all. I'm a sucker for leon mege style, I love edgy too (think cathy waterman) and I'm trying to budget restrict, though if I fall in love with the graduated 5 stone I will probably just put it off until after buying a house to get what I really want.

So here are the only 2 ideas I could come up with.

1) Make a 3 stone halo! Here's my inspiration pic for that...
(minus the side stone detail, I'd want a plain shank)

I love this stack, but of course it'd just be 3 stone halo not 5 stone halo...

2) Make a graduated 5 stone, plus a thin band! Here's my inspiration pics for that...

Any other ideas, or maybe help with these ideas, all appreciated! Bighug

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes OoohShiny's post:
  • Dancer
12-03-2014, 01:10 AM,
RE: Help me with my remake project, ideas needed!
I love the three stone. I have a sapphire one similar with square stones and it is a beaut. I lost one of the small diamonds so it is not getting the wear it deserves, but that style would be my vote!

Below is an image of my pretty- it has a plain YG shank, but white gold for the halos.

I think this style is great for maximising the stones and making them look fabulously substantial!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
12-03-2014, 01:18 PM,
Yes! Omg thank you for posting aic @OoohShiny that's exactly what I'm going for, yellow gold shank and all! I was thinking a nice split shank would be good and make it thicker but still dainty, to stop spinning.

Can I see a profile shot? i'm having a hard time figuring out how the basket should look.

[-]
  •
12-03-2014, 02:00 PM,
The basket of this ring is nothing exciting. It was not a custom job. I love it regardless, and MUST get it fixed to wear again!

Behold, the boringest side profile that ever was!

It is incredibly low profile though, which is the awesome!

[-]
  •
12-03-2014, 02:38 PM,
I love the profile. It looks low set and exceedingly comfortable.

[-]
  •
12-03-2014, 02:59 PM,
you could put a little ruby in the side of each basket? I don't know if it's too twee - but perhaps in a heart?

[-]
  •
12-03-2014, 03:13 PM,
(12-03-2014, 02:38 PM)stardust Wrote: I love the profile. It looks low set and exceedingly comfortable.

It is. It is amazingly low, and very comfy! I don't do high settings, and when I do they are bezels- lol! (Read, OoohShiny is clumsy)

[-]
  •
12-03-2014, 07:21 PM,
Thanks for the profile pic @OoohShiny I love that it's so low profile but I think I'll need it to stick up a bit so I can stack it with other rings and not have a really big gap.

I like that idea @Turks I think if I go with the 3 stone though, I'll save the little rubies and find some tiny diamonds to create a band like the last inspiration photo, I just love it so much.

[-]
  •
12-06-2014, 03:04 PM,
(12-03-2014, 02:38 PM)stardust Wrote: I love the profile. It looks low set and exceedingly comfortable.

+1! LOVE low-set rings! Heart This one is lovely!