Help me with the last steps of my redesign!
[-]
  •
09-16-2013, 11:40 PM,
Help me with the last steps of my redesign!
So I had two cute little rings that were both very important to me, one was my promise ring from my now hubby, the other was gifted to me by my mom, it was her push present ring when I was born. The promise ring, white gold with a diamond heart, the push present, yellow gold with a sort of cluster/star of diamonds.

I had DK merge the two into something I love so much I want to smush my face into my screen just to get closer to. BUT he isn't done the rebuild process (this pic is not polished or anything) he wanted to know if I wanted to add more diamonds on the white gold parts, and I think I'll do another 1/3 of the ring, but leave 1/3 off so I don't have to deal with teeny little melee scratching my face when I ultimately will rub my hands all over my face at some point Tongue (And it would be best for possible resizing in the future, right? If there isn't an eternity strand?) Am I making a good call on only doing another 1/3 of the white strand, or would you do the whole sche-bang and coat that thing in glitter?

So here's my 2nd question then. I have 12 teensy little diamonds left from the cluster ring. I really wanted to incorporate all parts of each ring in this new ring, sentimental bla bla. But, how can I do that? I was thinking either, 1 'surprise' diamond on the inside of the ring at each twist conjunction, or scattering the remaining 12 diamonds along the yellow gold band. Think that would look messy though, and ruin the fluidity? Or.. create ultimate awesomeness? I just need to decide asap to get this little pretty on it's way to me!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

ETA: I did a quick photoshop mock of the scattered diamond idea..
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hadley's post:
  • OoohShiny
09-17-2013, 12:04 AM,
RE: Help me with the last steps of my redesign!
LOVE the history of the old and the pretty design of the new!

I personally prefer it with sones only in the white gold and leave the yellow gold plain. I agree with what you said, that more going on takes away from the fluidity.

There must be a reason that you aren't using the last 12 stones for the "adding to the white gold part." They are the wrong size?

I dig the idea of putting the remaining stones on the inside because I dig the thought of having some of the sentimental stuff up against your skin -- the whole making contact, being private, sheltered from the outside world, all of that intimate symbolism. It looks like there are six twist intersections? So you could put two in each spot.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
09-17-2013, 12:18 AM,
Wow, what a great idea and great ring!!

As usual, i totally agree with Hadley. Smile

[-]
  •
09-17-2013, 02:13 AM,
Yeah these 12 diamonds are a different size from the diamonds that are currently shown, so it wouldn't match.

Thanks for the design compliments, it took me weeks to come up with it (even as simple as it is). First thoughts was just making each ring into a new different ring for stacking, but as they were on their way to DK I tried some stacking rings and found they weren't my thing, my fingers are too short to comfortably stack anything cool I guess.

I wonder if 12 surprise/hidden diamonds would be irritating/scratchy?

ETA: More 'aww' my mom gifted me the push present ring when I announced my getting married Smile There are very very few pieces of jewelry with sentiment that I have, and apparently I really enjoy the romance of such things so I am so beyond thrilled to have something that combines so much love, that I can wear!

[-]
  •
09-17-2013, 02:21 AM,
DK can set the surprise diamonds completely flush so you won't feel them at all.

[-]
  •
09-17-2013, 03:37 AM,
I third Hadley's opinion! I love how much thought and history has gone into this ring. I love a story in a piece.

[-]
  •
09-17-2013, 07:00 AM,
SD, love the ring and the story!!! So pretty Smile
I was thinking if you added the diamonds on the yellow gold but kind of in the same fashion as the other diamonds so that it became an Infinity symbol - to signify you & your family. I think it might be a little too late to do that though.
. I immediately thought of a super thin, maybe 1mm stacker to sit up against this flush with the remaining diamonds. I don't know the size of the diamonds you have remaining and I see you don't want to stack.
I think inside the band is beautiful as well. If you really want all of them in this one piece then do that. Smile

[-]
  •
09-17-2013, 07:02 AM,
Since you're good with photoshop, you should try and put the stone like you have them but closer together and using all 12 just to see. Well, actually it's for me...I want to see. HAHA

[-]
  •
09-17-2013, 11:49 AM,
LOL Olive Big Grin I only put 2 per gold "bump" because that way I could put all 12 around the band. Then I remembered I'm probably not doing diamonds the wholeway round on the white gold. I emailed DK last night to see if it was too late to do the yellow gold scattered stones flush set, we'll see what he says.

There's a part of me that has always been like, surprise diamonds?! Put those thangs on the outside to sparkle and enjoy! But these little suckers are tiny, they're teensy little glints of white, so it wouldn't really matter either way inside or out. Hmm decisions decisions!

[-]
  •
09-17-2013, 01:55 PM,
LOVE!