Here's a partial decision finally!
[-]
  •
08-07-2013, 04:44 PM,
Here's a partial decision finally!
I have ordered a sterling silver Incredible setting to put my Amora OEC in as a temp setting. David is going to carefully remove my stone and reset it into the Incredible, giving me pretty prongs and finish work, which will be nice even though it's "just" SS. Then he's going to polish up the platinum setting and restore it to as close to brand new condition as possible. He said he gets a lot of orders for that setting and if I'd like to I can try to sell it through him, and I can also list it on the Bistro and LT. Now I will at least be able to wear my stone while I am deciding on what setting to put it in and that makes me happy!

I have a couple of settings in mind but I really want to take my time and do it right this time. While I think all styles evolve over time and don't think that any setting is going to necessarily be a "forever" one unless it's such a timeless setting that never goes out of style.
Here's one I have been considering. Found it on eBay, but it's 18K (I'd prefer platinum) and needs some refurbishing. Not sure how easily that can be done without talking to one of the benches who do this sort of work. It's also one I've considered having custom made in platinum.
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Mara at PS's OEC in a platinum setting that Adam @ OWD did makes my heart race every single time I see it and has for months. It is what I very nearly went with instead of the setting my stone is in now:

So, I guess the main thing is we are still in the solitaire game but vintage vintage vintage. Something befitting a large OEC and not super fancy, in fact more on the plain side of things so that I can then get an array of stacking bands to change things up when I'm of a mood to have a "different" setting. I'm not opposed at all to some smaller stones on the shank, though.

The other contender is a complete and total opposite of the vintage solitaire and is a 3 stone ring with pear or diamond sapphire sides, a la Steven Kirsch/Leon Mege style. I've loved this style for-EV-ER.

So now that I've completely bombarded y'all with photos, any input? You know the stone already and how she looks and behaves ... what type setting do you think would bring out the beauty in her and show off her facets the best?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
08-07-2013, 04:47 PM,
RE: Here's a partial decision finally!
LM!!

There's broke....and then there is whatever I am...*cry*
[-]
  •
08-07-2013, 04:47 PM,
My personal faves are Mara's and the 3-stone pear setting!

[-]
  •
08-07-2013, 05:10 PM,
3 stone pear!

[-]
  •
08-07-2013, 05:13 PM,
I like that vintage one a lot. It has hearts in the basket right? I love hearts. Or that 3 stone with sapphire pears... that is AMAZING!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
08-07-2013, 05:31 PM,
What ring are you wearing this with?

[-]
  •
08-07-2013, 05:36 PM,
Hit post too quick. I think the wedding band you wear it with will make a difference on what to pick. They're all beautiful and my first choice is the LM ring but with wedding band you have now (5stone right?) I would have to go with one of the first two.

[-]
  •
08-07-2013, 05:42 PM,
My wedding band is actually the 2 mm engraved band. The 5 stone is my anniversary band and worn on my right hand. You've seen it in photos with the 10 mm stone just for fun but I have only rarely worn them together Smile

[-]
  •
08-07-2013, 05:51 PM,
Exciting! You have so many projects goin on! I love the three stone with pear sides!!

[-]
  •
08-07-2013, 05:52 PM,
oh my god, that 3-stone with your engraved band will be priceless!!!!