Home-made lightbox!
[-]
  •
04-10-2014, 04:57 PM,
Wink  Home-made lightbox!
I was so inspired by @Bluespawkles' lightbox photos, I just did a quick little fake-a-loo lightbox with a pillow slip, a daylight bulb and used my iPhone. LOL! Quite a difference, none the less!

Here's a regular shot in the direct light of the overhead light. Not sure what was going on with the darker stripes. Something to do with the light source!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

And one with the pillow slip and diffused light:

Both are untouched, just straight from the iPhone to Photobucket. The second shot shows the pinky-greeny and color banding that I readily see. Generally, the camera misses the nuances. I'm impressed with how the pearls' color shows up, even with my pretend lightbox! So fun!

And now I'm gonna build a little something so that I can actually use both hands, instead of having one to hold the pillow slip open and the other to wobble the camera. LOL! Big Grin

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-10-2014, 05:01 PM,
RE: Home-made lightbox!
wow, that is gorgeous. I am so very in love!

[-]
  •
04-10-2014, 05:42 PM,
@CricketBug Oh my goodness, so smart!! And the pearls look amazing! I love the bracelet. The colors definitely come alive in that second photo, although that bracelet is beautiful in both shots! Look at that luster. Also, I get those weird lines sometimes too, even in the lightbox. I think it has to do with my iphone? Not sure.
I also saw somewhere that you can put light through a paper towel for diffused light? Honestly the box itself is just a white box and I have lights shine on it. I'm not using the big fancy one until I get used to it. I think the biggest difference is that it diffuses light and removes the reflections from other things in the room. No, let's be honest. I don't know how it works lol.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • Enkay
04-10-2014, 05:47 PM,
amazing!!!! The rainbows just pop now!! You crafty thing.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-11-2014, 12:52 AM,
It really makes a wonderful difference! Well done!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
04-11-2014, 01:15 PM,
Thanks, gals! This was super fun to do! It's a bit of a juggling act, so I'll do some experimenting and see what I can come up with for another home-made lightbox. Big Grin

[-]
  •
04-11-2014, 01:28 PM,
So beautiful! Great job!

[-]
  •
04-11-2014, 02:06 PM,
How neat! These are so beautiful Smile

[-]
  •
04-11-2014, 03:48 PM,
Thank you! I need to do some photos of the necklace that is my fave to wear with the bracelet. And some shots of the long strand that I strung up, too. Big Grin Perhaps a pearl-family shot (or two) should be done. LOL!

[-] The following 2 users Like CricketBug's post:
  • Bluespawkles, JuBe
04-11-2014, 08:59 PM,
Hmm. The "lightbox" wasn't as groovy just now. When I did the earlier shots, it was a bright sunny day. Evidently, the extra light makes a difference... Blush

I restrung the bracelet with a silver "bean" on it so I can add it onto the necklace for a longer look, if so desired.

And the necklace (also from Sarah / Kojima) is a bit of a whopper. Big Grin Pearls tons of lustre and lots of color banding for a funky, totally character strand. Love 'em! The blue spots on the pearls is the reflection of the turquoise case on my iPhone. Coolio, hmm?!