How Long to Wait.......
[-]
  •
05-08-2014, 02:17 PM,
How Long to Wait.......
Not sure if this is in the right place, but I sold an expensive ring for more money than I've collected on a sale before. And I'm ITCHING to get my project started, especially given the OEC moissy situation. The item has been delivered and I've been in contact with my buyer - super nice, btw. But it will be assessed and appraised by a jeweler, and though I clearly stated "final sale - no refunds", how long should I reasonably wait before I can safely use those funds? I don't want to end up in a situation where a claim is filed and I have spent the money already. Thanks!!!!!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
05-08-2014, 02:22 PM,
RE: How Long to Wait.......
I would think that since you stated the condition of your sale to be final with no refunds and you have that documentation, there should not be any type of claim. Did the buyer state they would be getting the item assessed and appraised with a condition of a possible return if it did not return as sold in the description?

[-]
  •
05-08-2014, 02:25 PM,
That's a tough one. I know I've read stories of PP siding with the buyer even in "final sale" situations. If you wanted to be really safe (and you used paypal) I'd say 45 days.

I've bought and sold a lot and have NEVER had an issue-especially once the buyer has said they were happy. I would maybe give it until she's had it assessed and come back to say she was pleased before doing anything.

[-]
  •
05-08-2014, 02:25 PM,
I agree.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
05-08-2014, 03:10 PM,
@ JooJooBee4 - no mention of return. She simply said that at first glance, all is good, but that she would be taking it to a jeweler. This was on Monday, BTW. I told her that's great and to let me know when everything checks out, as I'm using those funds for a custom project that has to get started asap and I want to make sure there are no issues. I haven't heard anything since. I'm sure it will be fine. I just don't want to run out if time to get a couple of more OECs for my custom 3-stone, but I don't want to get into a situation where I can't cover a forced refund either.

[-]
  •
05-08-2014, 03:15 PM,
Unfortunately with paypal if you sell something as a good, they buyer will pretty much always win a case to return the item if they start a case within 45 days I think.

[-]
  •
05-08-2014, 03:15 PM,
(05-08-2014, 03:15 PM)Turks Wrote: Unfortunately with paypal if you sell something as a good, they buyer will pretty much always win a case to return the item if they start a case within 45 days I think.

yup. that's what I've seen happen too.

[-]
  •
05-08-2014, 03:20 PM,
As long as you have tracking information in Paypal, you would be covered as the seller.

[-]
  •
05-08-2014, 03:26 PM,
(05-08-2014, 03:20 PM)MrsK Wrote: As long as you have tracking information in Paypal, you would be covered as the seller.

that's proof that she got the package, though. That's it. If it's not up to snuff and she decided to return it paypal could well side in her favor (and generally does from what I've heard-though I've never experienced it.)

I would think that a response that she got it checked and was happy would be enough to cover you. That says she got it, liked it and found it satisfactory after a jeweler assessed it.

I don't want to give you bad advice, but that would be enough for me.

[-]
  •
05-08-2014, 03:29 PM,
That's where I'm at - just waiting to hear that everything is ok after visiting the jeweler. I just hope it doesn't take too long! I'm so excited and can't stand it! And just in case anyone is wondering, the buyer has been great - no complaints!!! I just wanna spend my money, lol! Thanks everyone!!!