How color sensitive are you?
[-]
  •
01-23-2014, 09:48 PM,
How color sensitive are you?
This has been posted on other forums in the past, but thought it would be fun to post here too.

http://www.xrite.com/custom_page.aspx?pageid=77&lang=en

The lower the score, the better. I scored an 8. Apparently, I struggle in the green ranges. Maybe that's why I don't see green in moissanite as often as others see it.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

My husband scores a zero. Show off. Crackup
Though, he does have an eye for color, which I am sure has something to do with him being an artist.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-23-2014, 10:14 PM,
RE: How color sensitive are you?
I scored a 7 with the same location of hue discrimination as you @MrsK . Looking at my chips before I scored I thought I did better than that. Fun!

[-]
  •
01-23-2014, 11:02 PM,
This is kind of overwhelming! Not sure if I'm committed enough to do this whole thing right now, but I'm going to try. Lol.

ETA: It's not QUITE as overwhelming as it seemed at first glance, but I got a 19 and I'm honestly kind of surprised I didn't do better. I was blessed with perfect vision, but I guess perfect vision is not equal to perfect color acuity. Smile

[-]
  •
01-24-2014, 02:22 AM,
Hm, late at night and I had to shut flux off and try to adjust my eyes, but I scored a 34 with trouble in the bluey/purples.

[-]
  •
01-24-2014, 07:38 AM,
Womp!!!!!! I got 26..... I thought I did real good until I saw my score. Haha this was fun!

[-]
  •
01-24-2014, 11:36 AM,
I got a 0. First time I've ever been proud of one of those ....

It makes sense, though - I can be weirdly picky about matching tones, and I have a gift for buying, oh, a random skirt that will be an exact match for a top that I bought five years ago. Used to color-match pearls as a teen, and I did pretty well in the GIA diamond-grading course ... nice to have it confirmed!

P.S. - BTW, I've taken this test before and gotten 3 or 4 ... I think it probably depends on monitor sensitivity, to a certain degree.

[-]
  •
01-24-2014, 11:54 AM,
OMG! I must be the least colour sensitive person on the planet.
I scored the whopping 108! Maybe I even have a tad of colour blindness, who knows...Confused

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-]
  •
01-24-2014, 11:56 AM,
I did this before, I think I got a 3 or 4. I don't remember, but it was not a 0... but it did prove prove to me that I have the attention span of a newt. I found it so long and tedious, lol. I can't do it again. Tongue

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-24-2014, 11:57 AM,
(01-24-2014, 11:36 AM)Circe Wrote: I got a 0. First time I've ever been proud of one of those ....

It makes sense, though - I can be weirdly picky about matching tones, and I have a gift for buying, oh, a random skirt that will be an exact match for a top that I bought five years ago. Used to color-match pearls as a teen, and I did pretty well in the GIA diamond-grading course ... nice to have it confirmed!

P.S. - BTW, I've taken this test before and gotten 3 or 4 ... I think it probably depends on monitor sensitivity, to a certain degree.

good point. I still can't do it again though, lol.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-24-2014, 11:58 AM,
(01-24-2014, 11:56 AM)jenncent Wrote: I did this before, I think I got a 3 or 4. I don't remember, but it was not a 0... but it did prove prove to me that I have the attention span of a newt. I found it so long and tedious, lol. I can't do it again. Tongue

Lol, agree. I wanted to do it again last night to see if I could score better, and I found that I was just physically incapable of doing it a second time.