How do you know ...
[-]
  •
10-06-2014, 07:30 PM,
How do you know ...
When going custom or even choosing a stock setting for a special piece, how do you KNOW when it's "the one"? Huh

I continue to wrestle with setting ideas for my JbG OMC. I see so many beautiful inspirations (e.g., antique, engraving, halo, bezel, use my smaller OMC/OECs for sides or jump on the gorgeous and drool-worthy French cut train). I literally CAN NOT decide. Cry

How do you know/decide when it is "the one"? What is the process you go through to pare down the plethora of beautiful inspirations to one gorgeous pice? Please help!

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes stardust's post:
  • KTrencha
10-06-2014, 07:34 PM,
RE: How do you know ...
When you find out, please be sure to let me know. Crackup

In all seriousness, I'm so fickle. I do better looking for patterns. Comfort of wear, aesthetics, sensory junk, colors etc. What do I keep getting pulled toward? Why?

Once I figure out what I tend toward I play with variations on the theme. I narrow down the features I want and then, feeling really quite confident, I'll go for it.

[-] The following 1 user Likes idahosubaru's post:
  • MicheleZ
10-06-2014, 07:37 PM,
I have no flippin' idea because now that I have my "the one" setting with the ACC, I want @MicheleZ 's setting too. How about we just plan to change using the same stone every 5 years or so? Will that work? It is still "the same" stone. Crackup

[-]
  •
10-06-2014, 07:40 PM,
You'll know its the one when you don't want to go one day without wearing it and it makes you feel content - like DKs ring does for me Smile

There's broke....and then there is whatever I am...*cry*
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slick's post:
  • ArtdecoLover71
10-06-2014, 07:49 PM,
Do you ever really know? I'm married many years and my tastes change at least yearly (Crackup who am I kidding, more like monthly, lol)
I guess like Star said, you have to go for what checks (️) the most boxes on your list of needs and must haves.

[-]
  •
10-06-2014, 07:53 PM,
(10-06-2014, 07:49 PM)Slick Wrote: Do you ever really know? I'm married many years and my tastes change at least yearly (Crackup who am I kidding, more like monthly, lol)
I guess like Star said, you have to go for what checks (️) the most boxes on your list of needs and must haves.

Herein lies the problem: I know I want an antique feel/vibe.

That is all I know for sure. I can't decide on which head/basket style, halo or just bezel, style/type shank ... I have a hundred or more inspiration pics and I cannot choose. I want them all! Cry But if that was in one ring, it would be a hideous monstrosity. Crackup

Do you all tend to start with deciding on head/basket first, or ring/shank first?

[-] The following 1 user Likes idahosubaru's post:
  • MicheleZ
10-06-2014, 07:53 PM,
Well I have to say that I went really out on a limb getting a halo. I love it and it is so romantic and beautiful but maybe I should have tried it on a different stone first to see if I really wanted a halo. I don't know and now cannot afford to change so I will love it for quite awhile. Don't get me wrong I do love it but it may be too girly for me and I can tell that my taste will change in the future. But I will always have this amazing stone.

[-]
  •
10-06-2014, 07:56 PM,
@SparkleFactor I always try to decide how I plan on wearing the ring. Will I abhor a gap? Will I wear it alone or with a band, RHR or alternate ering? Maybe start there. Huh

[-]
  •
10-06-2014, 07:57 PM,
(10-06-2014, 07:34 PM)stardust Wrote: When you find out, please be sure to let me know. Crackup

Right?!

I wish I had a solid answer for you @SparkleFactor. I am really happy with my newest set, but I still find myself wondering if I'd like something else better. Undecided

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
10-06-2014, 07:57 PM,
(10-06-2014, 07:57 PM)MrsK Wrote:
(10-06-2014, 07:34 PM)stardust Wrote: When you find out, please be sure to let me know. Crackup

Right?!

I wish I had a solid answer for you @SparkleFactor. I am really happy with my newest set, but I still find myself wondering if I'd like something else better. Undecided

And therein lies the danger of this forum Crackup