How long do I wait??
[-]
  •
10-17-2013, 03:45 PM,
How long do I wait??
I don't know if this goes question goes here, so if it doesn't, sorry! It's the only place I can think of from the current sections I have access to.

I bought a ring from Etsy on 9/26/13. I paid for it that day. The shop policy says made-to-order items take 5-7 business days before they ship. The ring I bought I guess could be called made to order, since I asked for the center stone to be switched out from one stone to another, and the seller said that was no problem.

It's been 15 business days, and my order still shows as not yet shipped. I emailed the seller yesterday asking for an update and she hasn't responded. She usually responds to my emails within 3 hrs.

I haven't had the best of luck with jewelry purchases on Etsy (other than from DanielM) and I'm starting to get a funny feeling in my tummy about this purchase. It's not buyer's remorse, b/c I really really want this ring.

Is it unreasonable to open a case with Etsy and open a PayPal dispute on Monday if I haven't heard back from her by then?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-17-2013, 03:50 PM,
RE: How long do I wait??
Yes.

[-]
  •
10-17-2013, 03:50 PM,
Nope, I would open it. Some sellers I have had to open a claim to get them to respond or ship. Crap as it is, as soon as I open the claim, they respond... like within the hour. And then you are protected.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-17-2013, 03:53 PM,
I meant YES open a dispute Smile am typing on N iPhone and it causes my ass pain to type very much.

[-]
  •
10-17-2013, 03:54 PM,
I would open a claim if she's not replying to your messages.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
10-17-2013, 03:56 PM,
I would give her the day to respond to this one. I wouldn't wait until Monday though. If you don't hear from her by tomorrow morning file the claim.

[-]
  •
10-17-2013, 04:43 PM,
Yes I would file. It usually makes them respond since they don't want their Paypal account frozen from getting money from others!

[-]
  •
10-17-2013, 04:55 PM,
I agree, give her a day to respond and open a dispute. If your order was going to take longer than quoted, she should have kept you updated about the delay.

[-]
  •
10-17-2013, 04:57 PM,
Exactly! Filing a dispute opens a seller's eyes REAL fast!!! Hope you get your ring soon!

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • KendaKarats
10-17-2013, 05:00 PM,
(10-17-2013, 03:53 PM)KendaKarats Wrote: I meant YES open a dispute Smile am typing on N iPhone and it causes my ass pain to type very much.

Crackup

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website