How to really care for rings with diamonds in band?
[-]
  •
02-13-2015, 12:35 PM,
How to really care for rings with diamonds in band?
I am sporting the lacey set for my wedding set as I previously went back and forth with which "official" set to use. I got married last saturday and today noticed that my wedding band is already missing a diamond. Just how much should I be babying my rings? I do take it off for anything strenuous and showering (almost always) and even sleeping. I know my husband really LOVED this set and I have worried that with how I am I would get into trouble so now my fears have become a reality.

I have wore my halo with a plain shank since august with zero issues but am thinking that because the 2 lacey piece rub together and this is on the underside of the band maybe that is the issue?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-13-2015, 01:01 PM,
RE: How to really care for rings with diamonds in band?
If there are diamonds that are rubbing on metal, that could definitely losen the pave. As well, it has diamonds on the underside of your hand, so it would be possible that you are knocking it around a bit without noticing. Even carrying grocery bags in that hand could catch the pave prongs. But takiing it off for house work, dishes, showering, sleeping, working out etc is a good place to start.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
02-14-2015, 10:05 AM,
RE: How to really care for rings with diamonds in band?
Would it help to wear a tiny spacer ring between your wedding and engagement rings?