Hysterical - rings lost in the wash
[-]
  •
07-23-2013, 08:22 AM,
Hysterical - rings lost in the wash
I washed a pair of jeans with my VC and e-ring, and we pulled the trap out and they aren't in there. I don't even know what to do I had to take off from work.

I cant even think, i dont know what else to do

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like missmegan9009's post:
  • AmginE, MrsK
07-23-2013, 08:24 AM,
RE: Hysterical - rings lost in the wash
Call a repair man. My guess is they are in the lines somewhere and he should be able to help you

[-]
  •
07-23-2013, 08:25 AM,
Also, I'm sure you have done this but check your jeans again.

[-]
  •
07-23-2013, 08:29 AM,
Oh no! Cry

I hope you find them. I am sad for you.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
07-23-2013, 08:29 AM,
i checked all my jeans, period, just in case i washed a diff pair, checked them all 3 times from inside the pockets and in the pockets. i live in an apartment complex.

[-]
  •
07-23-2013, 08:34 AM,
Oh no Sad Can you alert the management and see if you can pay to have a repair guy come look at the machine. There are parts that they can access that the normal untrained folks cant. Were your clothes left alone for any length of time where it might have been stolen?

[-]
  •
07-23-2013, 08:35 AM,
No it's our own washing machine in our apartment, no one has access but us. We called apartment management and they didn't suggest anything, according to my husband as he called them since I am crying too much to talk.

[-]
  •
07-23-2013, 08:37 AM,
Oh no!! I am so sorry! I hope that you're able to find it!! Is your ring insured???

[-]
  •
07-23-2013, 08:39 AM,
Ugh. My motto in instances like this is, It's sometimes easier to ask for forgiveness than permission... Call a good appliance guy in your area and then if your apt manager says anything just tell him you were hysterical for your engagement ring and wedding band and you had to do SOMETHING.

[-]
  •
07-23-2013, 08:42 AM,
Oh galateia Bighug Don't give up hope, take a deep breath and gather your thoughts. I would call a washer repairman, if that is not an option hubby and myself have taken our washer apart and back together successfully many times. It sounds scary but it's simpler than you may think. Just keep all your parts in order as you take them off. I'm not sure what type of washer you have but I know my newer front loader has a big rubber gasket around the door opening and I'm always finding strange things the kids leave in their pockets stuck under the lip of it. In my old upright I found things under the agitator. I am wishing you peace and calm until they are found hun. I know it's hard, but the calmer you are the more clear your thought will be on how to act next.

Pearl pressure is a terrible thing...for my wallet.