I am SPARKLE junkie!!
[-]
  •
12-24-2012, 08:40 AM,
I am SPARKLE junkie!!
I haven't seen my RB moissanite ring in a few weeks now. I put it on today & BAM!!! sparkles, sparkles everywhere!!! I looked at my pear moissanite and thought, "why don't you sparkle this much"?!

As much as I love different cuts of stones, and enjoy looking at OECs, I much prefer the sparkles, the more the merrier Stars

I think I am getting OEC studs for Christmas and it will be sad if I don't like them Cry

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
12-24-2012, 10:02 AM,
RE: I am SPARKLE junkie!!
Aww... you will LOVE the OEC studs. They sparkle too, just differently than RBs.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
12-24-2012, 10:51 AM,
Yeahthat

I die for antique cut stones, but I didn't get the whole antique cut thing the first time I saw them. They grew on me and now I am a convert.

No, I didn't lose my mind. It got scared and ran away.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hadley's post:
  • Rusalka
12-24-2012, 02:28 PM,
I just said this exact same thing in another thread. The RB cut really does bring it like no other cut.
http://thefacetlounge.com/showthread.php...0#pid11270

This is also why I decided not to keep the OEC I recently got. It's gorgeous in its own right, I just really need that disco ball. I call myself a sparkle whore. Smile

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
12-24-2012, 02:40 PM,
I think each cut has it's special qualities. I love the hall of mirrors in step cuts, but they can look glassy. I love the facets of the oec, but it's not as blingy. I looooove RBs for bands and bracelets, it low lights (like restaurants) they are just AMAZING.

They're all special in their unique ways :p

[-]
  •
12-29-2012, 03:43 PM,
Well, I didn't get OEC studs for Christmas, I got EmilyC ring holder necklace. I am really glad he picked the necklace since I need it for my pave set.

I realize more and more that I am not in love with my chunky pear because it shows so much warmth, especially in sunny beautiful days. I love the antique look, I don't love the antique colour so much. I doesn't help that I hate the yellow colour and its associated range.

A smaller sparkle factor bothers me a lot. I love the ring in the evening but its just OK in the daytime. The RB is gorgeous all the time because you cannot see the warmth when it is throwing crazy rainbows everywhere.

I wished there was barely blue moissanite but it is too late now anyway. I had to finish the ring before I could do all of my research properly since insurance was giving tight deadlines.

[-]
  •
12-29-2012, 03:46 PM,
(12-24-2012, 10:51 AM)live-love-laugh+sparkle Wrote: Yeahthat

I die for antique cut stones, but I didn't get the whole antique cut thing the first time I saw them. They grew on me and now I am a convert.

I thought I loved the antique-y look of my pear, but the more I live with it the more I don't like it. I miss the RB sparkles on my finger and the warmth of the stone has been coming out a lot lately. It's been sunny and snowy a lot here.

[-]
  •
12-29-2012, 03:48 PM,
(12-24-2012, 02:28 PM)Hadley Wrote: I just said this exact same thing in another thread. The RB cut really does bring it like no other cut.
http://thefacetlounge.com/showthread.php...0#pid11270

This is also why I decided not to keep the OEC I recently got. It's gorgeous in its own right, I just really need that disco ball. I call myself a sparkle whore. Smile

I hear you! Whatever the term, we LOVE sparkles Stars

[-] The following 1 user Likes Hadley's post:
  • Rusalka
12-29-2012, 04:26 PM,
(12-29-2012, 03:46 PM)Rusalka Wrote: I thought I loved the antique-y look of my pear, but the more I live with it the more I don't like it.

This is something I swear by. Looking at a stone loose or wearing it oh so carefully in a ring holder when you're barely moving is one thing, but really LIVING with it in a variety of circumstances and over a length of time is a completely different animal.

When I first got my Asscher cut Asha, I thought the white was so awesome, then I realized over time that it was far too fakey for me. And I thought the crisp facets were to die for, then a couple months later I was saying, "Glassy and fakey. Yuk."

I'm dying for a Krupps cut Amora Gem because I have it in my head that it will take away that glassy fake look and give me all of the sophistication and depth found in step cut diamonds. But I may have made all that up in my head because it's what I want, and in reality it won't be much different from the Asha. And the only way I can find out is to pony up the small fortune and live with it for a while..... frustrating. I'm screwing up my courage between now and when AG hits the market.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
12-29-2012, 05:08 PM,
oh no, Rusalka!! That sucks. Do you like pink? We could make it pink...

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website