I am having an issue
[-]
  •
10-26-2013, 11:48 AM,
I am having an issue
So I am supposed to send my Ballerina back to swap out the OEC moiss and put the new ACC in... but I keep trying it on and I am hating how rose gold looks on me! wth! I used to love how it looks, but now I think it looks gross. It is bugging me so much I don't want to put my cushy in there, but it makes zero sense to spend money on a temp setting. right? Especially when I have this perfect hand forged setting sitting right here.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-26-2013, 11:57 AM,
RE: I am having an issue
oh no. this happened to me too. with rose gold incidentally. I didn't get over it. Sad Is it worth selling that ring and using the money for a new setting?

It was weird. For me it was like seeing a hidden picture or something. Once I saw it I couldn't UNsee it and I never liked the way it looked on me again. I'm such a whackadoo. Toofunny

[-]
  •
10-26-2013, 12:00 PM,
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
10-26-2013, 12:04 PM,
(10-26-2013, 11:57 AM)stardust Wrote: oh no. this happened to me too. with rose gold incidentally. I didn't get over it. Sad Is it worth selling that ring and using the money for a new setting?

It was weird. For me it was like seeing a hidden picture or something. Once I saw it I couldn't UNsee it and I never liked the way it looked on me again. I'm such a whackadoo. Toofunny

I don't know. I have to think for a long time before I sell things.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
10-26-2013, 12:13 PM,
I loveeee the rose gold on you! But I can understand the feeling of something just changing all of a sudden...

I'd probably end up spending money on the temp if I didn't truly love the rose gold on me. You can sell it later?

[-]
  •
10-26-2013, 12:24 PM,
I think the rose gold looks beautiful on you, but it doesn't make sense to set that amazing diamond in rose gold if you don't like the rose gold anymore. You could always set a nice gemstone or something in the temp setting once your diamond moves to it's forever setting, so it doesn't go to waste...

[-]
  •
10-26-2013, 12:31 PM,
I think if you are at the point where it is bugging you enough that you are referring to it as gross, lol, those are pretty strong feelings!

I would get another temp setting in a metal color you like and then sell or not sell the rose setting. Even if it's not as high quality or hand forged or whatever...

You aren't crazy. I just realized I hate how large studs look on me last week and then suddenly I couldn't wear any of my studs, lol. I gave them all to my oldest DD. It's hard to unsee something once it bugs you.

[-]
  •
10-26-2013, 12:38 PM,
Oh yeah, I also love rose gold but just not on me. It's like my love of red hair and then finally coming to grips with the fact that it looks horrendous on me even though I adore it.

[-]
  •
10-26-2013, 12:48 PM,
Rose gold certainly looks gorgeous on you. However, I think on some subconscious level your mind is rebelling against setting that beautiful diamond in there. I think everyone is kind of used to see such diamonds in white metal settings, white metals are rightly or wrongly perceived as giving a sizeable diamond a more regal kind of look. And maybe you feel on some sort of level that this setting (although very quality and hand forged) is just not suitable for that diamond. Your mind might be interpreting that feeling as unsuitability for rose gold for you in general?

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • stardust
10-26-2013, 01:05 PM,
LOL, I didn't mean rose gold is gross, just that I think my skin looks gross with it now.

this is one of my fav rings on PS

and this

But I don't seen mine having the same ethereal romantic look. I think it makes my skin look orange.

IDK, I need to think. Confused first world problems

Joseph Schubach Jewelers