I am thinking about new projects!
[-]
  •
09-19-2013, 09:38 AM,
I am thinking about new projects!
So, I've been bitten by the pink diamond bug, and ever since buying by new light pink flower ring I have been looking at nothing but pink diamonds. At first I was thinking a pink radiant diamond with a pink and white diamond halo, but pink radiant diamonds face up so small and are so expensive! I thought about sims for a bit, but concluded they are not an option because I love the crushed ice look when it comes to fancy pinks. Plus I want a light pink, not the quite saturated pink that wink only has available now (I asked and the "lightest pinks" and "lightest yellows" are no longer available anymore! Major bummer!). And I have been trying to only acquire items I will hold on to and can add to my family's intergenerational wealth (by not selling for cash in this generation but keeping on the balance sheet into the next). So, diamond it is. And I decided on a pear. They face up much larger and I just like pears in general too.

This is the setting I was thinking about. Not sure if I want the pink diamond halo on the outside or on the inside though???? Thoughts?

http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry...ing-so4056

Another thought I was having is, since it's going to have much smaller finger coverage than I'm used to, to make it a pinky ring / midi ring. Midi rings seem to be the thing right now. And when the trend is over I can just size it up, or wear it on my pinky. Or would it tacky to wear a ring like thins up on my knuckle or pinky? Thoughts?

I was thinking I should sell my 6 ctw G-H VS 15 pointers in 3 prong solid plat diamond tennis bracelet. I love it but I almost never wear it anymore. So it was the next logical thing to sell anyway. My fear though is that I'd be selling a whole lotta diamond for a eensy WEENSY little pink diamond. And the project is going to START at upwards of $10K. From what I understand the supply of pink diamonds is very limited and is only to become more limited as the mines are depleted so prices will continue to rise and that pink diamonds are actually a good investment. I am wondering if my research into all of this is too premature, if I'm getting suckered in, and that I'll be over pink diamonds all too soon though????

Another less expensive project I've been thinking about is a necklace. I have been feeling for a while that I've been needing one to complete my "look" / collection but have not been able to settle on one for a while now. I kicked around the idea of a diamond Riviera, and nixed it since it would look too hip hop on me. I just know it. And Jenn you nailed it on the head when you said it would probably be a diamond hoops situation all over again LOL! I quoted out a 34" DBTY a while back, and, while that is still a contender, I am wondering if I would get more use out of a honker 9mm OEC moissy in a bezel milgrain solitaire pendant, on a short chain so that the stone rests right in between my clavicles. Not an investment piece per se but something for ME and I love moissy for the ears and neck. I think both can be dressed up or dressed down, but I think the solitaire would go better with very casual clothes than a DBTY, but then again I fear it might be too matchy matchy with my studs. Thoughts???

Those are the two main projects that have been taking up significant space in my mind as of late. I am also just coming out of a funk and looking to reward myself. I cleared the acne (yay!) I've lost 10 pounds (10 more to go!), hair has grown about 4 inches (3 more inches to go!), got a better handle on my finances, starting reading again, and picked up my old love of martial arts again! I'd love a pretty little reward to look forward to when I complete all of my self-improvement goals!

Ok sorry for the long post! Thoughts/input/discussion really appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
09-19-2013, 10:08 AM,
RE: I am thinking about new projects!
Hi KJMM, the self improvements you have achieved are inspirational, keep the momentum going. Rewarding yourself with a pink diamond pear sounds just like what the doctor ordered. It is a tough one though in terms of financing. Pink diamonds are indeed rare and will make a good inter generational piece, however your diamond platinum tennis bracelet is also a fantastic inter generational classic, so would be a bit of a shame to mess with it. Having said that, pink diamonds are more likely to go up in price at a faster rate due to the rarity factor. I am not really much help, am I ?

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-]
  •
09-19-2013, 10:41 AM,
What about looking for a pink diamond on the secondary market? I see lots in the DD.

[-]
  •
09-19-2013, 10:45 AM,
Hi Sparkle!
Thanks for the input! The bracelet is very nice and very heavy too, but...I feel like a pink diamond has more upside, just like you are saying. GAH! the choice is hard!

Hi Turks!
I'm always open to secondary market!!!!!!!! I love me some deals! I just haven't had much success with ebay/bistro/LT finding any well priced pinks. Nothing on LT/bistro/PS and on ebay they all just seem to be an arm and a leg and they all are dealers selling at retail or even way above retail at that, or iffy sellers selling what HAVE to be treated pinks at them prices.

What is the DD?

[-]
  •
09-19-2013, 10:47 AM,
Diamond District in NY

[-]
  •
09-19-2013, 11:07 AM,
OH! LOL! I shoulda picked up on that!

I'm all the way out in Cali. I wouldn't be able to make it out there. Sad

I'll start using that term now as well tho!

Maybe I can explore the DD in LA? Are they secondary market sellers that post up in DD's? That might be scary!

[-] The following 1 user Likes EarthDiva's post:
  • sparkletiger
09-19-2013, 11:30 AM,
(09-19-2013, 09:38 AM)KJMM Wrote: So, I've been bitten by the pink diamond bug, and ever since buying by new light pink flower ring I have been looking at nothing but pink diamonds. At first I was thinking a pink radiant diamond with a pink and white diamond halo, but pink radiant diamonds face up so small and are so expensive! I thought about sims for a bit, but concluded they are not an option because I love the crushed ice look when it comes to fancy pinks. Plus I want a light pink, not the quite saturated pink that wink only has available now (I asked and the "lightest pinks" and "lightest yellows" are no longer available anymore! Major bummer!). And I have been trying to only acquire items I will hold on to and can add to my family's intergenerational wealth (by not selling for cash in this generation but keeping on the balance sheet into the next). So, diamond it is. And I decided on a pear. They face up much larger and I just like pears in general too.

This is the setting I was thinking about. Not sure if I want the pink diamond halo on the outside or on the inside though???? Thoughts?

http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry...ing-so4056

Another thought I was having is, since it's going to have much smaller finger coverage than I'm used to, to make it a pinky ring / midi ring. Midi rings seem to be the thing right now. And when the trend is over I can just size it up, or wear it on my pinky. Or would it tacky to wear a ring like thins up on my knuckle or pinky? Thoughts?

I was thinking I should sell my 6 ctw G-H VS 15 pointers in 3 prong solid plat diamond tennis bracelet. I love it but I almost never wear it anymore. So it was the next logical thing to sell anyway. My fear though is that I'd be selling a whole lotta diamond for a eensy WEENSY little pink diamond. And the project is going to START at upwards of $10K. From what I understand the supply of pink diamonds is very limited and is only to become more limited as the mines are depleted so prices will continue to rise and that pink diamonds are actually a good investment. I am wondering if my research into all of this is too premature, if I'm getting suckered in, and that I'll be over pink diamonds all too soon though????

Another less expensive project I've been thinking about is a necklace. I have been feeling for a while that I've been needing one to complete my "look" / collection but have not been able to settle on one for a while now. I kicked around the idea of a diamond Riviera, and nixed it since it would look too hip hop on me. I just know it. And Jenn you nailed it on the head when you said it would probably be a diamond hoops situation all over again LOL! I quoted out a 34" DBTY a while back, and, while that is still a contender, I am wondering if I would get more use out of a honker 9mm OEC moissy in a bezel milgrain solitaire pendant, on a short chain so that the stone rests right in between my clavicles. Not an investment piece per se but something for ME and I love moissy for the ears and neck. I think both can be dressed up or dressed down, but I think the solitaire would go better with very casual clothes than a DBTY, but then again I fear it might be too matchy matchy with my studs. Thoughts???

Those are the two main projects that have been taking up significant space in my mind as of late. I am also just coming out of a funk and looking to reward myself. I cleared the acne (yay!) I've lost 10 pounds (10 more to go!), hair has grown about 4 inches (3 more inches to go!), got a better handle on my finances, starting reading again, and picked up my old love of martial arts again! I'd love a pretty little reward to look forward to when I complete all of my self-improvement goals!

Ok sorry for the long post! Thoughts/input/discussion really appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my gawd! What a great project. Love the pale pink diamond halo idea and I think I prefer the pink on the outside of the halo, otherwise it looks (to me) as though you're trying to make the center stone look bigger, I dunno. The pink/white/pink sandwich of contrast looks more visually interesting, IMO.

As far as your tennis bracelet goes, I'd sell it if you're not loving and enjoying it now. Even if it means taking a little loss, it's better to put the $ into something you will love and adore now! That's my philosophy. As far as whether or not pink diamonds are a phase you will be over and regret it later...Hmmm. That I can't answer for you (crystal ball is in the shop, lol) but you could always do a sim ring (somebody has to have light pinks, no?) and wear it for a while before plunking down the coin for a diamond ring.

Congrats on being healthier! You totally deserve a HUGE pink diamond ring and an OEC pendant! For the record, I'm like your inverse lifestyle partner, LOL. I'm 15 pounds heavier (at least 10 more to go!), skin breaking out and I recently cut 4 inches off my hair. And I haven't done yoga or pilates in months. Crackup I'm 22 weeks pregnant though, so it's all for a good cause, but reading your successes I was kinda cracking up at my complete opposite self.

[-]
  •
09-19-2013, 11:40 AM,
Earthdiva, congratulations on your pregnancy! All three times I was pregnant I gained weight and ate what I liked, that is a huge upside of being preggers.
Back to the topic of the thread, I agree with you one should go with their heart when it comes to jewellery, that is the right philosophy especially as pink pear will also hold value better financially.

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hadley's post:
  • sparkletiger
09-19-2013, 12:20 PM,
(09-19-2013, 09:38 AM)KJMM Wrote: I've lost 10 pounds (10 more to go!), hair has grown about 4 inches (3 more inches to go!), got a better handle on my finances, starting reading again, and picked up my old love of martial arts again! I'd love a pretty little reward to look forward to when I complete all of my self-improvement goals!

I am an avid reader and will take any excuse to do more of it. But otherwise, everything on your list would take me five years to accomplish. Five years each. So that means I would earn a pink diamond in 20 years. Rofl I can't believe you just up and *did* all of that. I'm in awe.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
09-19-2013, 12:22 PM,
Well, "antique stores" but when the items aren't actually antique I think of it more like a secondary market. Like how jbeg does consigning

(09-19-2013, 11:07 AM)KJMM Wrote: OH! LOL! I shoulda picked up on that!

I'm all the way out in Cali. I wouldn't be able to make it out there. Sad

I'll start using that term now as well tho!

Maybe I can explore the DD in LA? Are they secondary market sellers that post up in DD's? That might be scary!