I cannot believe...
[-]
  •
02-19-2013, 03:25 PM,
I cannot believe...
what I did earlier.. CryCry

So I'm sitting at my desk and its an amazing day out today... sun shining right on my desk.. My moissanite all looked amazing! so I pulled out my peachy pink stone from its safe little box and was going to set it down on some white paper when I and accidentally sent the stone flying! Now I can't find it anywhere. I didn't panic at first.. I just didn't see it so I decided to do my workout and then come back to look again.. no stone... I have taken everything off my desk, looked in the trash can looked everywhere around the desk and behind.. I can't believe I did that! I thought I heard it hit something soft like paper but I still don't see it anywhere.. I've even tried to recreate my gem toss with come chris cz. urg.. I really need to vacuum too.. I'm just feeling sick about it, it has to be here. Sad urg! Sorry guys I just had to take my frustrations at myself out in a place where people would understand. Confused off to look again. it will be an expensive mess up if I can't find it.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-19-2013, 03:32 PM,
RE: I cannot believe...
ugh!!! that is so not cool, im sorry!!!! ive lost a ring once and found it a year later, that;s not comforting... I know, but you havent lost it!!!! I've seen people suggesting vacuuming with a pair of tights over the vacuum end? something like that. Good luck misskk, don't worry!!

[-]
  •
02-19-2013, 03:33 PM,
Do you have a headlamp or flashlight? That will help you see it.

[-]
  •
02-19-2013, 03:37 PM,
OH NO!!!Cry I don't care how long it takes to find it, it just HAS to be there somewhere. I know you were not trying to be funny, but I just had to chuckle at the image of you trying to recreate the stone toss. The last time I lost a stone in a similar situation, it was along the edge. Definitely feel all the edges of any furniture and along the walls. Things seem to have the ability to hide there. Look in places that make completely no sense too. Beautiful stones need to realize that you don't mess with a sparkle sister, WE WILL FIND YOU! I have my fingers very crossed for you.

No, I didn't lose my mind. It got scared and ran away.
[-]
  •
02-19-2013, 03:49 PM,
Oh no! It has got to be there somewhere! Sad

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
02-19-2013, 03:55 PM,
You know its funny... but I'm just not worried about it... I'm wondering what that means? I guess I just wasn't as in love with the stone as I thought? or I'm more annoyed because I'm thinking, hell i could have sold that to fund another project.. I guess if I don't find it that its just one less stone I need to worry about setting lol.

[-]
  •
02-19-2013, 04:04 PM,
You know exactly where you were when it took a little leap, so you know it's within just a few feet radius. You will find it. I have every confidence in you, MissKK. I'm glad you aren't stressing about it too badly, but it's enough stress to say so here so that means it isn't a cakewalk, either. Breathe deeply and sift a little a time. There will be a glint and shimmer eventually. Good luck!

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes live-love-laugh+sparkle's post:
  • Olivejuice
02-19-2013, 04:08 PM,
Does KK stand for double KOOL? Wink Wow, you are taking this so calmly. Remind me to contact you next time I have a crisis, lol.

No, I didn't lose my mind. It got scared and ran away.
[-]
  •
02-19-2013, 05:39 PM,
(02-19-2013, 03:55 PM)MissKK Wrote: You know its funny... but I'm just not worried about it... I'm wondering what that means? I guess I just wasn't as in love with the stone as I thought? or I'm more annoyed because I'm thinking, hell i could have sold that to fund another project.. I guess if I don't find it that its just one less stone I need to worry about setting lol.

that's because you know you will find it. I misplaced my camera two weeks ago, and couldn't remember if I had left it at work instead of taking it back home... anyway, people kept saying, you must have gotten it stolen at work! I just didn't think anyone would steal it in the office. A week goes by and there it is, under a cushion on the sofa, which we had moved several times during the week. So weird! I just knew it wasn't lost or stolen....like, just knew. Strange feeling lol.

[-]
  •
02-19-2013, 06:05 PM,
I used to "lose" my credit cards all the time, but never really cared only because I knew they'd turn up in an old purse or pair of jeans or desk drawer or something. I would never stress and sure enough, they always turned up.

You'll find it. but you'd be amazed at how far these things will go/bounce. I'd probably start systematically going over the room with a big flash light.