I did it! I ordered my future SIL engagement ring!
[-]
  •
03-11-2014, 07:59 PM,
I did it! I ordered my future SIL engagement ring!
Okay, so last June I posted a thread all excited because my brother asked for my help in picking out an engagement ring for my future SIL, a mere five days after their son was born. I was over the moon exctatic, because she is just amazing, the entire family loves her, and she is SO GOOD for my brother, I've never seen him so happy.

Well, his funds for buying the ring were eaten up by buying her the sectional she wanted which was nearly $2k (his ring budget), and those funds never recovered because was the sole but remains the main provider for their family (2 kids, one from her previous marriage that my brother is an amazing father to!), and as you can imagine, with things like sick kids, cars breaking down, etc., he hasn't recovered the budget he had.

He believes she deserves the ring of her dreams, and wants to do it right the first time, even though she's been waiting for a long time. We toyed with the idea of a "stand in" e-ring, but he ultimately decided she deserved to have the dream one, especially because he knows she's been waiting.

Well, with the panic of hearing the FB OEC moissanite cuts may be discontinued, I did what any great sister would do : I panicked, called Beth and ordered the ring! Big Grin Even if we find out that the OEC is still going to be around, I'm glad I did it!

A small part of me is grumpy because I just spent all the money I have saved for my AG for me, but the biggest part of me is squishing it with the unbelievable joy I am filled with that my brother is going to get to propose! He was so shocked when I called and told him this weekend that I would be ordering the ring Monday, he tried to talk me out of it, but after I explained the "we don't want to be left with the last crappy OEC out there" situation, he was on board. And, while he didn't say it in so many words, I could hear in his voice that vortex of emotions that comes with being grateful for someone doing something for you that you wouldn't have asked for but are extremely grateful they did.

So, anyway, here is the ring, it will be 14k white gold, size 6, with a 7.5mm FB OEC picked by Beth (!!!!), with diamond melee stones! I'm so flippin' excited you guys, I can barely contain myself!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-11-2014, 08:03 PM,
RE: I did it! I ordered my future SIL engagement ring!
It's a gorgeous ring and you are an amazing, sweet and thoughtful sister! The love you have for your bro and SIL to be is just beaming through in your post. So wonderful.

[-]
  •
03-11-2014, 08:04 PM,
awww, what a nice sister/SIL you are!!!!! I cannot wait for pics!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-11-2014, 08:07 PM,
I'm assuming she knows this will be a moissy? I only ask because I can see a nightmare coming if she doesn't.

There's broke....and then there is whatever I am...*cry*
[-]
  •
03-11-2014, 08:08 PM,
You are so sweet to do this for your brother and SIL! We will need pics of course!

[-]
  •
03-11-2014, 08:14 PM,
You are the best sister, ever. Seriously! I can't wait to see pics.

[-]
  •
03-11-2014, 08:18 PM,
Oh yes, she loves moissy and has wanted her own since she saw my ring and earrings. Big Grin That's why it was so important to get a good OEC while they were still around because that is the cut she has her heart set on. >.>

Worse case scenario, if they had magically all disappeared over the weekend I would have taken the one out of my ring and put it in hers. Smile

My brother tried joking about how even after he gets the ring he might just wait another year or so, but promptly derailed that train of thought because I think he could feel me mentally strangling him through the phone, and switched to "Well crap, now I need to come up with a proposal plan!". Which, incidentally, I may know the best way for him to do it if he wants to hear it. Big Grin

[-]
  •
03-11-2014, 08:20 PM,
Lol - sounds like this will be awesome then!!! I think it's great that you are helping him!

There's broke....and then there is whatever I am...*cry*
[-]
  •
03-11-2014, 08:23 PM,
This is awesome! I was in tears reading this.....it is just very sweet and thoughtful. You are a great sister! Can't waitto hear her reaction :-)

[-]
  •
03-11-2014, 08:44 PM,
the fact that you would give her yours is amazing. I am such a sparkle hoarder...

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website