I don't like my custom ring
[-]
  •
03-08-2014, 05:45 PM,
Sad  I don't like my custom ring
I mean I like it, but I don't love it. I think it's too fancy and not "me", which is ridiculous because I helped design it! I had a plain solitaire that I liked better. I guess I'm just a simple gal.

I feel SO sad that I don't love it. I tried to wear it today and convince myself I want the ring, but I don't.

It is custom made. What are my options? It was made by David Klass. The ring cost $1,145 in total. $880 was paid to DK for the setting.

I feel SO horrible about all this!
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes EarthDiva's post:
  • always
03-08-2014, 05:51 PM,
RE: I don't like my custom ring
Awww, I'm so sorry. It's such a beautiful ring, but I completely understand what you mean when you say it's not "you" and you would prefer simpler. I have been there...more than once! Many of us have with custom pieces we helped design. Sad

You could sell it on DB, Loupe Troop or even eBay... You may or may not be able to recoup all that you put into it though.

[-] The following 3 users Like jenncent's post:
  • always, MrsK, stardust
03-08-2014, 05:54 PM,
awww, I am sorry you don't love it. Sad All you can do is try to sell it on DB our LT etc, to recoup funds and then try again.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-08-2014, 05:59 PM,
Ok. I officially just started crying about it. Why do I like it in pics but not in real life? I thought I would loooove it.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

[-]
  •
03-08-2014, 06:00 PM,
It may be worth living with it awhile longer since it had such meaning to you.

But it also depends on your personality. For me, once I decide I don't like something it's pretty over.

Then you can sell as others have suggested, and try again. I'm so sorry. Bighug

[-]
  •
03-08-2014, 06:02 PM,
You know what? Spam us with pics. Please. If you love the way it looks in photos, let's see some more! We tend to engage in an epic amount of nitpickery around here. It's not always a good idea. I'd love to see more of it, personally. It's really such a neat idea and was so well executed!

[-]
  •
03-08-2014, 06:04 PM,
I'm sorry to hear that you aren't in love with your custom ring! This happens sometimes - especially when you're ordering online and haven't tried in zillions of rings in different styles, it can be very difficult to predict what you will or won't like to actually see on your finger.

I'm guessing that your FI-to-be has not proposed to you yet, right? I imagine that the crappy feeling of feeling dissatisfied with a custom jewelry project is that much thornier when it's an engagement ring, but ultimately, don't let yourself get too cut up about it. It's just jewelry! Bighug

It's unlikely that you'll be able to resell it for what you paid, but recouping some of your funds to put towards a simpler ring is a worthwhile option if going that route would make you happy.

Since you put a lot of personal symbolism into the ring, I would also give it a bit more time to grow on you... especially if you feel a disconnect between the way you feel about it in photos vs. in person. More pics!

[-]
  •
03-08-2014, 06:04 PM,
Yeah, it's over. There is no way I want it. As soon as I admitted to myself that I don't want it, I knew it was over. Also, the side pears are too yellow. Should I have DK swap them with whiter stones so it's easier to sell? I don't want to waste his time, but I did express a concern that the pears didn't match before he shipped it. He said they do. They are shades aparts from the round stones. I don't want it returned because of that.

[-]
  •
03-08-2014, 06:05 PM,
(03-08-2014, 06:02 PM)stardust Wrote: You know what? Spam us with pics. Please. If you love the way it looks in photos, let's see some more! We tend to engage in an epic amount of nitpickery around here. It's not always a good idea. I'd love to see more of it, personally. It's really such a neat idea and was so well executed!

Lol. Ok. Any pics in mind? Maybe that will lighten the mood because I feel like crap about it.

[-] The following 1 user Likes OoohShiny's post:
  • Enkay
03-08-2014, 06:10 PM,
It is sad, but if you have decided you don't love it then I agree with Stardust, it is over.
Sell it and get a plain solitaire.

I get distracted by shiny things