I feel like...
[-] The following 2 users Like jenncent's post:
  • Dragonfly, stardust
09-17-2013, 04:40 PM,
I feel like...
I like diamonds better than moissy. I have been wearing this set a lot more than normal, and if I had to be honest, I like how diamonds look better. I like how this set looks from a distance, but just wish is were more refined. The polish is not how I would like. Maybe I should just reset it, in a new setting that looks almost the same, but better??

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

I really do want a "one" wedding set, with some alternets for goiing out to eat or something. Why is it so hard? I do prefer bigger though, so maybe I should just upgrade to a slightly larger diamond. 7mm would feel better than 6mm I think, lol.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
09-17-2013, 04:41 PM,
RE: I feel like...
how do you feel about clarity enhanced diamonds?

[-]
  •
09-17-2013, 04:47 PM,
I love it! I can see you doing something amazing with a new setting!
I feel the same about my cushion but with 3 sets now all up I feel so much more affection for my original diamond. I found that with delicate prongs and setting my diamond higher it looked so much bigger and had a lot more presence. Such simple changes having such an impact.

I know you don't like that crushed ice look - what sort of cut is the cushion diamond? I'd love to see a close up! I've never seen anything other than cushion modified brilliant.

[-]
  •
09-17-2013, 04:54 PM,
I love moissy, but I definitely prefer diamonds to moissy. I'm in the exact same boat as you.

I would reset it, basically identically with a larger center stone. Just learn from me and don't turn in your original diamond. Hold on to that, whether you reset it into a pendant, or just stash it away.

[-]
  •
09-17-2013, 04:56 PM,
I completely get where you're coming from JC!!! I actually wear my original e ring more than any other rings! My three stone has been a close second though! I say go for the upgrade =)

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • Frosty
09-17-2013, 04:57 PM,
I feel ok about CE I think.

here frosty Smile

the roughness of the setting is not that noticeable IRL, but the setting is not macro worthy, imo, lol.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
09-17-2013, 04:58 PM,
I actually like the chunkiness of it. Hide

[-]
  •
09-17-2013, 05:00 PM,
oh, and it is up pretty high already Frosty. Wink

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
09-17-2013, 05:02 PM,
It's beautiful! I'm so happy you're resetting. It'll be divine AND special.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • stardust
09-17-2013, 05:08 PM,
(09-17-2013, 04:58 PM)stardust Wrote: I actually like the chunkiness of it. Hide

I like the chunkiness of the setting, it is substantial. It is very blingy on my hand. But I don't like the where the cathedral joins the basket. It is not fluid. I like the width of everything though, I would really just make the same setting, but smoother.

I don't want to sell my diamond, but I don't think I can afford a new, larger diamond, without trading this one in. If the stats were the same, I don't think I would feel too bad about it.

I really just like how it sparkles more. Not saying it sparkles more, just I like the look of the sparkle better.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers