I'm So Thrilled
[-]
  •
04-04-2014, 03:29 PM,
I'm So Thrilled
Just wanted to share that today I received my Amora Ultra Gem. It is so exquisite. It is a 4.21 ct., E color, Internally Flawless stone. Tomorrow I will go to my jeweler to have it set into my diamond mounting. I am removing my FB moissanite and replacing it with the Amora. Although the FB is beautiful, it doesn't compare to the AG. What I particularly love about the AG, besides everything, is the cut. The fire from the stone is really special. I know a lot of you love stones with more color like J,K, L but not me. The more colorless the stone, the more I love it. This is the closest I will ever come to a "perfect" diamond. I'm in love.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-04-2014, 04:34 PM,
RE: I'm So Thrilled
I am so glad you love it!!! It is a great feeling when you get something you can love completely.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-04-2014, 04:57 PM,
That's great! Please share some pictures when your ring is ready.

[-]
  •
04-04-2014, 05:29 PM,
Cannot wait to see pictures, and am so happy you love it!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
04-04-2014, 06:48 PM,
Awesome! Congrats!

[-]
  •
04-05-2014, 06:39 AM,
Hey @Barlan - dying to see some of your pics of this new AG! I have traded my original AG in and am waiting to purchase an AG Ultra in the perfect size (6.5mm-7mm). All the smaller sizes have disappeared and I'm anxiously waiting for a restock.

Anyway, here are some AG photos & videos of the new Ultra by Brit on the BTD forums that have me captivated - does your AG have the same chunky facets and have the same fire effect with spotlighting??

The pics/videos below are awesome and I want to hear if this is what you see in your particular AG

Macro shot of an 6.78mm, F colour, IF Amora gem:
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Close up video of the AG under moving christmas lights/spotlighting in low indoor light - FIRE VIDEO

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
[-]
  •
04-05-2014, 07:46 AM,
The first picture looks identical but I would have no idea how to do the second one. Upon careful study all of yesterday and last night in both daylight and indoor lighting, I did notice something disturbing. Sometimes, not always, I see yellow flashes. That should not happen with an E color stone. My DH sees it too. I am anxious to hear my jeweler's take on it. He is always honest with me and sells diamonds all the time. I want to know about the yellow in the stone. If anyone here knows if this happens in a diamond in E color, please let me know. I have been upset since seeing it.

[-]
  •
04-05-2014, 08:54 AM,
Do you mean that you see yellow when it sparkles? Or are you saying there is a yellow tint to the stone?

If you see yellow when it's sparkles, I would say that's typical for fire. You should see all colors of a rainbow. You can also see it in well cut diamonds. @jenncent posted a pic of the colors from her diamond and yellow is in there.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

[-]
  •
04-05-2014, 09:06 AM,
@Barlan My diamonds (all transitional or OEC cuts as opposed to H&A) exhibit all colors of the rainbow, including yellow fire. I love 'em all—the colors are so beautiful!

I think the shots, above, by jenncent are some of my all-time fave shots on the board. Heart

[-]
  •
04-05-2014, 10:29 AM,
I wish I was seeing all colors like reds and blues, but I'm seeing yellow flashes. It is not the overall tint of the stone, but flashes of yellow. I'm headed out to my jeweler and I'm anxious to hear his opinion. Don't misunderstand - the stone is gorgeous. It just caught me by surprise. I have a large ring made up of all baguette diamonds that were graded by an independent GIA gemologist to be F color. They sparkle like crazy but there is no color to them other than white fire. That's what I expected of an E color stone. I'll let you all know what happens.