I need inspiration - does anyone have a rose gold ring with Ceylon blue sapphire?
[-]
  •
02-11-2014, 05:46 AM,
I need inspiration - does anyone have a rose gold ring with Ceylon blue sapphire?
I've just posted a thread about possible new setting for the new 'ultra' AG, and now I also need to decide what to do with my rose gold cathedral solitaire setting that the AG is currently in.

I was thinking about setting a Ceylon blue sapphire in this rose gold setting. Do you think this would be too WEIRD?

I Googled rose gold rings with blue sapphire and I looked at a few images and I dont mind the colour combination. But I was wondering if any of you ladies have ever mixed a blue gemstone with rose gold and can give me your honest opinion on what it looked like?

Here is one example of a pic I found - I was pleasantly surprised by the colour combination but am just not sure it would work IRL

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-11-2014, 06:33 AM,
RE: I need inspiration - does anyone have a rose gold ring with Ceylon blue sapphire?
I think blue looks awesome in Rose gold. There is a thread called "Rosie Blue" with @MrsK Blue Radiant stone in Rose gold. It is one of my favourite rings on these boards! It is here: http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Thread-Rosie-Blue

So happy for you getting an Ultra AG! You get to relieve the excitement all over again!
Stars

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrsK's post:
  • sparkletiger
02-11-2014, 07:14 AM,
RE: I need inspiration - does anyone have a rose gold ring with Ceylon blue sapphire?
I love sapphires in rose gold! Thanks to @sparkletiger for sharing my Rosie Blue. Here is a pic from this past weekend.

[-]
  •
02-11-2014, 08:48 AM,
Gah! I sooo lurve your band, @MrsK ! Those two look great together and really suit your hand. Heart

[-]
  •
02-11-2014, 08:58 AM,
I enjoy admiring photos Rosie Blue, and I've seen just a few rose gold + blue gemstone pieces before that looked wonderful. I would like a tanzanite set into rose gold someday. I think the combination flatters violet-blue gemstones. It might not look as good on greenish or greyish blues, but then again, I don't think I've seen any set into RG!

[-] The following 1 user Likes Turks's post:
  • sparkletiger
02-11-2014, 12:20 PM,
My everyday e-ring is sapphire with rose gold - it's my fave combination!

[-]
  •
02-11-2014, 12:28 PM,
If blue is an option, I change my vote to blue.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
02-11-2014, 12:52 PM,
@Turks How lovely! It really suits your hand, too.

[-]
  •
02-11-2014, 01:22 PM,
Thanks! I want browner diamonds, but it's low on the priority list. Sparkles are sparkles.

One day I'll have this made much bigger with an oval center!

[-]
  •
02-13-2014, 06:55 AM,
@MrsK - where did you get your sapphire from? Is it Kashmir blue? It's gorgeous!
(02-11-2014, 07:14 AM)MrsK Wrote: I love sapphires in rose gold! Thanks to @sparkletiger for sharing my Rosie Blue. Here is a pic from this past weekend.