I need someone to photoshop something for me...
[-]
  •
03-12-2014, 05:53 PM,
I need someone to photoshop something for me...
I think I would like my ring more with smaller sidestones. Can someone make my ring look the same, but with sidestones that are about 30% smaller? That way some gold band would be visible.

For reference, the center is 7mm. The pears are 5x3mm, not including the bezels. The rounds are 2.3mm.

Thanks, if anyone can help Smile

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-12-2014, 07:57 PM,
RE: I need someone to photoshop something for me...
I am not able to photoshop but I wanted to comment..

When I got engaged, I never bothered to try on a wedding band with my e-ring and having that band there changes the whole look IMO. Have you tried this ring on with a wedding band yet to see how you like them together? Just a thought.

[-]
  •
03-12-2014, 08:04 PM,
Good point @MrsFloppy

I get distracted by shiny things
[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • mrsmay07
03-12-2014, 08:12 PM,
I can't photoshop, sorry! But hopefully someone will be able to help you with that. I agree on trying it with your band though. That will really help you get the proportions right.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-12-2014, 08:54 PM,
Yep I agree with @MrsFloppy on a ring can totally look different next to a wedding band. I'd go try it on with some wedding bands if I were you, and I might try taking it off and putting it away for a few weeks, coming back and wearing it again. Sometimes I get something stuck in my head, think it's a great idea, then later regret it. Almost like the idea got too much momentum from me and finished too quickly for me to get out of that head space. I've sold or changed many things that I later regretted unfortunately, and wish I could go back and just put it in the jewelry box and quit thinking about it, and revisit it later.

Sorry I couldn't help on the photoshop!

[-]
  •
03-14-2014, 04:37 PM,
@always I am not photoshop expert but here's my attempt. And I think your ring looks quite proportional right now. I agree with others. Maybe try a few wedding bands to complete the look?

[-] The following 1 user Likes Slick's post:
  • always
03-15-2014, 05:37 PM,
I think this ring is perfect as is!! Its unique and beautiful! I do think there is a let down after all the planning of custom and you expect it to be, I don't know different. But I'm sure after looking around you won't find anything that will represent and be your design like this and you'll love it even more. IMO give it time to grow on you!

[-]
  •
03-16-2014, 07:46 PM,
(03-15-2014, 05:37 PM)Sandeek Wrote: I think this ring is perfect as is!! Its unique and beautiful! I do think there is a let down after all the planning of custom and you expect it to be, I don't know different. But I'm sure after looking around you won't find anything that will represent and be your design like this and you'll love it even more. IMO give it time to grow on you!

Thanks. Since the pears need to be replaced anyway, the ring needs to be sized down, and the basket needs to be replaced with the one I thought I'd be getting, I'm gonna have him make the side pears smaller. I never wanted a ring that looks like a three stone. I want a solitaire with accents. We ran with the 5x3mm pears because they're the smallest moissanite pears available. They're double the carat weight that I originally wanted. I should have sprang for diamonds right from the start.

DK is still in Hong Kong so I haven't been able to find out what replacing the side stones will cost. I hope it's not much because I really don't want us to spend much more on the ring.

I have tried some bands on with it and I like it even less with bands. Since the shank of my ring is so wide, about 5.5mm (with a 7mm center stone), it dwarfs the center stone even more. I had been struggling to figure out why I wasnt in love with the ring and I think it has a lot to do with it not looking like a solitaire.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Slick's post:
  • always
03-16-2014, 07:56 PM,
@always I certainly wish you luck getting it exactly the way you want it. I do think that it's beautiful but you need to love it. I used DK too and the diamond accents weren't too pricy. Pm me for details if you'd like. I think it would look lovely with the marquise-looking eternity bands I see around (round stones in marquise shapes).

[-]
  •
03-16-2014, 08:27 PM,
(03-16-2014, 07:56 PM)Sandeek Wrote: @always I certainly wish you luck getting it exactly the way you want it. I do think that it's beautiful but you need to love it. I used DK too and the diamond accents weren't too pricy. Pm me for details if you'd like. I think it would look lovely with the marquise-looking eternity bands I see around (round stones in marquise shapes).

I'll definitely take you up on that! Thanks.

I am antsy for him to get back to the states so we can start new drawings and fix my ring. I have still not been proposed to, so I want to get this ring done so I can get engaged!

I know what you mean about the marquise and round band rings. I found this ring on eBay that is closer to what I want than my ring is. It's a silver and CZ ring (but it's been sold). I googled "solitaire with accents" hoping to find a round with small side pears.