I need to make my ring TDF
[-]
  •
08-27-2013, 11:31 PM,
I need to make my ring TDF
Ladies! I need your help. So a lot of you know about my BP project. I am still waiting for the next batch but meanwhile I keep thinking that I want to make sure this ring is PERFECT. I haven't done anything like this before and you ladies know so so much about rings that I was hoping you guys could give me any advice/opinions that might make this ring better that I have not thought about?

So, where I am with it right now...
It will be very close to this ring:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdXJryplhYc

- 8 mm BP OEC
- rose gold setting
- round halo not cushion
- no stones on the shank

Questions that often enter my mind as I sleep:
- Should I do a cushion halo instead of a round halo?
- Will that look too square like my princess cut e -ring?
- Will that leave awkward space with the OEC?
- Should I be more creative with the setting and look into somehow adding delicate milgrain or some kind of scroll work?
- Is the halo going to prevent the BP from popping against the rose gold?
-Do I even want a halo or would it look better with heart side stones?

I also feel like I could be more creative with it when I see a lot of y'alls rings (examples off the top of my head are battah's ring (amazing scroll work), RSS's badass project (just couldn't get over the entire thing), Jenn's now Michele's cupcake (again, this setting was just to die for).

I don't think I am the type to have tons of rings that I switch out. I may convert but for now this is it. This ring will be on my right hand for awhile.

I'm not as creative or knowledgeable as y'all though Hide

You guys help me with this and I'll do some crazy math for you or something? Bighug

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
08-28-2013, 12:12 AM,
RE: I need to make my ring TDF
FWIW, I had a round moissy in a cushion halo and you couldn't tell the center was round unless you looked close up. The prongs on the 4 corners 'filled in' the space nicely Smile That's my favorite type of combo, since I love the cushion look but like the bang for buck with rounds! What is your favorite shape? I'd choose that and go from there.

A helpful question I always ask myself is, which decision would I regret NOT doing? Would I be a little wistful if...? Know what I mean?

I've seen the suggestion of scouring the web for inspiration photos, creating a folder of these pics on your desktop, and after a while you'll see a style emerge Smile

I love the BP's in rose gold!!! I think the awesomeness that is BP + rose gold (both being unique in the 'real world') means you don't necessarily need to add extras like milgrain or scroll work.

[-]
  •
08-28-2013, 01:01 AM,
I'm sure your ring will be TDF! More is not necessarily better in terms of detail on your ring, imho.

eg Here is a lovely round in cushion - ignore the stones on the band and the heart prongs: like SD said, it works!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Personally I like the look of a plain shank, like these (but in RG obviously):

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

If you go for the heart side stones, my fave is the LM. I can't find a pic of it. Idaho's three stone with hearts was very pretty with a colourless centre (and of course equally lovely with JooJoo's ruby!)

[-]
  •
08-28-2013, 11:20 AM,
So, I think my favorite shapes for solitaires are princesses and cushions but I can't decide for halos. I don't like the look of princess halos and I almost think I maybe prefer a round halo to a cushion halo. I think I should actually see both on my finger before making any decisions. I may feel differently about what I see on a screen vs actually on me!

And SparkleDancer, I think you are right. A bp in rose gold is stunning in it of itself. I may just be thinking too much Smile

Jube, I love love love the look of a halo with a plain shank as well.

Perhaps I should leave exactly as is and just decide if I want a cushion or round halo based on trying some rings on this weekend!

[-]
  •
08-28-2013, 11:27 AM,
- Should I do a cushion halo instead of a round halo?

I prefer a cushion halo personally, but it can't look like a round peg in a square hole, and some do. I like a soft cushion, just because I prefer the shape over round, but give it some though, because you have to love it and maybe you love rounds! Have you tried one on ever?

- Will that look too square like my princess cut e -ring?

No, it would be really soft. Smile

- Will that leave awkward space with the OEC?

No, it can be done to not leave a gap.

- Should I be more creative with the setting and look into somehow adding delicate milgrain or some kind of scroll work?

I love milgrain, engraving, and scrolly filigree. But I would not add it just for the sake of it. Do you like Tacori or Verragio rings?

- Is the halo going to prevent the BP from popping against the rose gold?

No, the basket will enhance the stone but the halo stones could be in white, so there would be contrast.

-Do I even want a halo or would it look better with heart side stones?

lol, 2 different looks.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
08-28-2013, 11:29 AM,
I loveee Tacori and Verragio rings Smile

[-]
  •
08-28-2013, 11:31 AM,
You're right though. I definitely need to try some round halos and a soft cushion halo, stat. I may hate round on my finger.

[-]
  •
08-28-2013, 11:36 AM,
You may! or you may love it. We can make the halo a really soft cushion, Teo is awesome. So you won't have to worry about gappy at at all.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
08-28-2013, 11:45 AM,
I need some Teo in my life.

[-]
  •