I took off my rings!
[-] The following 5 users Like Hadley's post:
  • Bethany, diamonds247, idahosubaru, JuBe, PimpMyRing
01-08-2014, 10:56 PM,
I took off my rings!
I had a project going today that included an air compressor, a small jackhammer, a crow bar, plaster, broken ceramic, and some wire-grilled lathe boards.

I just want you to know that I TOOK OFF MY RINGS FOR THIS. Some of you are going to get a really good laugh out of that.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Sharp mind, soft belly.
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-08-2014, 10:59 PM,
RE: I took off my rings!
omg, you are hardcore. And I am so glad to hear it! LOL

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-] The following 1 user Likes EarthDiva's post:
  • Slick
01-08-2014, 11:07 PM,
That's hardcore alright. In my house the women are the ones who use power tools, too. Smile. That's some serious tile work going on. Bet your rings are breathing little sighs of relief from within their jewelry box, lol.

[-] The following 2 users Like Hadley's post:
  • JuBe, stardust
01-08-2014, 11:15 PM,
Mr. Hadley went to work and left me alone with the demo tools. Heh-heh-heh, I was so tempted to keep going because I hate this green tile! But alas, my gratitude for owning original deco ceramic wins and I'm sticking to spot repair instead of ridding myself of the pea green nightmare.

We are fortunate to have some spare original green tiles, and that's what's going up where the giant ceramic soap and toothbrush holders used to be. See how thick those black chunks are on the sink? That's what was plastered into the wall. It was quite an operation to get those out without trashing the adjacent tiles.

We are making this wall flat so that we can put up... wait for it, @jenncent and @stardust ... the giant Venitian mirror!

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
01-09-2014, 12:37 AM,
(01-08-2014, 10:59 PM)jenncent Wrote: omg, you are hardcore. And I am so glad to hear it! LOL

Yeahthat

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-]
  •
01-09-2014, 01:32 AM,
Well done, Hadley! haha

Looking forward to seeing your Venetian mirror too - I just love them.

[-]
  •
01-09-2014, 11:54 AM,
omg, that will look so amazing!!!!!!!! Pics when you are done, pleaseandthankyou.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-09-2014, 12:30 PM,
LOL! Wise decision to remove all manner of sparklie rings, Hadley! I would have removed my pearly-goodness, in addition to. Tongue

Love Venetian mirrors and hope you give us a "tour" of the completed project.

[-]
  •
01-09-2014, 02:35 PM,
@Hadley I understand that you don't take your rings off very often, yet they always look most amazing in your pics. How often do you clean them and what with? I am fed up with taking mine off when I come home and want to wear them all the time . I am thinking of getting a good ultrasonic cleaner, because when at home I deal with water a lot and I am worried about mineral build up (we have VERY hard water here, I mean you just buy a new kettle and it needs descaling almost immediately - this is something to do with soil being too chalky).

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-]
  •
01-09-2014, 02:39 PM,
(01-09-2014, 02:35 PM)sparkletiger Wrote: @Hadley I understand that you don't take your rings off very often, yet they always look most amazing in your pics. How often do you clean them and what with? I am fed up with taking mine off when I come home and want to wear them all the time . I am thinking of getting a good ultrasonic cleaner, because when at home I deal with water a lot and I am worried about mineral build up (we have VERY hard water here, I mean you just buy a new kettle and it needs descaling almost immediately - this is something to do with soil being too chalky).

@sparkletiger - we have miserably bad hard water, too. You can get a shower head with a special filter for the shower which helps (better for hair/skin, too) and you could probably do the same for your faucets I would think...If you don't want to invest in a whole house softening system.