I've become simple
[-]
  •
04-15-2014, 01:15 PM,
I've become simple
So, at the moment I have several engagement/wedding rings. I like it that way, but for the last year or so, I've been getting more serious about having a "forever" ring that I would wear more frequently than the others. I've been planning and formulating, gathering inspiration... and now I've completely changed my mind.

I went from wanting a Moissy OEC, set in a kind of swoopy shouldered, thin shanked situation. With side stones. Or a larger version of my original ering, which is a classic Harry Winston with tapered baguettes.

And now... now all I want is a 6 prong, heavy knife edge wedding set with a RB. What is wrong with me!?!? Maybe I have a fever. Confused It's such a simple style. There's just something so alluring about not having to baby my rings - just being able to wear them. It didn't help matters that when I showed the Mr. he really loved the idea. He said they looked really modern, lol! In my mind they're kind of grannyish, right?

I've never even seen a knife edge or a 6 prong round in real life. But as luck would have it, I found a cheapie set for $14 at Target today, lol! I'm wearing it around now to see if I really do like it or if it's just a strange thing happening in my brain.

Anyone else swinging toward simple these days? Or is it just me???

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like jenncent's post:
  • poldies4, stardust
04-15-2014, 01:24 PM,
RE: I've become simple
I think if I had to label my style, it would be on the simple side, but my simple is more ornate than your simple, lol. I have had pave, larger side stones, and plain solitaires, and my fav style for myself is a solitaire with side stones. But I like some added details, like surprise stones. Smile

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dancer's post:
  • poldies4
04-15-2014, 01:55 PM,
Same thing has been happening with me lately, I just realized I'm really gravitating towards yellow gold, and sleeker styles like you're talking about.

[-] The following 3 users Like stardust's post:
  • diamonds247, MrsK, poldies4
04-15-2014, 02:27 PM,
I'm simple at heart too. They say it's a gift. Crackup

I cannot do pave or milgrain. In fact, I just had a conversation last night about this! I really prefer clean, sleek lines.

I also only want ONE forever set. I feel you!

[-] The following 1 user Likes CricketBug's post:
  • poldies4
04-15-2014, 02:39 PM,
My jewelry is *very* simple. Tongue And I find I'm grappling with adding a slightly larger, slightly lighter e-style ring... In yellow gold with a white head (PLT or w/g), as in the classic Tiffany solitaire. BTD has an exact (licensed) replica which I've owned in the past and loved. I'd love to have one again with a whiter stone than my baguette-set one. Le sigh. Shy I *think* I'm waiting for either the Amora Gem OEC to arrive or perhaps an 8.5mm FB OEC, when/if they're restocked. But then... the idea of C&C's H&A moissie also attracts me. Huh

So, long n' windy way of saying that I can relate, @poldies4 . Toofunny

[-]
  •
04-15-2014, 02:51 PM,
Aaaah!! I'm not alone Smile

I am *considering* yellow gold with a white head, too @CricketBug. My husband says he prefers I stay below 9mm (he's much more conservative about ostenatious seeming things than I am, lol!) So I'm thinking maybe 8.5... The sample set I got from Target is an 8mm. I *suppose* it's big enough. But you know... shrinkage Wink

[-]
  •
04-15-2014, 03:11 PM,
I am pretty simple too. I would also just like one set, but I can never seem to settle on one!

[-] The following 3 users Like stardust's post:
  • Enkay, idahosubaru, MrsK
04-15-2014, 03:16 PM,
(04-15-2014, 03:11 PM)MrsK Wrote: I am pretty simple too. I would also just like one set, but I can never seem to settle on one!

I think that's why most of us are here. Toofunny

WE ARE A COLLECTIVE MESS!

[-]
  •
04-15-2014, 03:16 PM,
I love simplicity, but I don't know that I could ever have just ONE wedding set!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
04-15-2014, 03:20 PM,
yes, that is why I had to say "most." There are definitely those of us that want many sets.

I just found that exhausting and ultimately it irritated me because I hate clutter. As soon as I accumulate what I consider to be "multiples" of things I feel the need to purge.

I'm a total freak like that.