I wasn't going to ask anyone...
[-]
  •
02-21-2013, 05:35 PM,
I wasn't going to ask anyone...
because I didn't want ideas in my head, but now I am just so confused. I want to see what you see, or at least know what you see.

Ever since someone (Hadley) mentioned dirty pond water, that is all I can see when I see my OEC in low lighting. So I asked Joe for some stones to play with. So what I have learned is one of a few things... either

1-my stone does look like dirty pond water
or
2- I am seeing things
or
3-OECs directly in rose/peach gold clash like Milady said (I should have listened)

The loose stones look the same even when I switch them...the one in yellow looks more yellow, the one in white is white. I don't think there is a point to swapping out mine because from this experience, I have learned that metal is everything with moissanite OECs.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

am I losing my mind???? I know these pics are dark but this is where I live and how things often look. I feel so confused. This is at the worst, and I am having trouble with it. I LOVE my setting but dislike it wit the stone when it looks like this. It makes wish I had gone with platinum.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-21-2013, 05:38 PM,
RE: I wasn't going to ask anyone...
I see it. Yours tints green when the others dont... It does look like it's the metal. I guess it brings out the green? I think the answer is 1 and 3.

[-]
  •
02-21-2013, 05:42 PM,
Sorry you feel this way Jenn..... Ill tell you this though.... My oec looks crapy in low lighting too and it's set in a white metal. I think you would feel this way regardless the metal.

[-]
  •
02-21-2013, 05:45 PM,
I was already wondering if the color of the stones would be affected by the color of the setting - yellow, rose, etc. I assumed it would affect it. Your pictures confirm it - I do not think you are losing your mind.

[-]
  •
02-21-2013, 05:47 PM,
I'm not sure this would be any different with diamonds??

[-]
  •
02-21-2013, 05:50 PM,
diamonds don't have green undertones, unless they are the fancy green sortSmile

[-]
  •
02-21-2013, 06:04 PM,
Well that makes sense.

[-]
  •
02-21-2013, 06:05 PM,
Well, I've already answered this, but I will say it again. I don't think your stone is green. I also don't think it looks like dirty pond water. In most of the pics you've shared, it looks ivory colored. It looks dark and warm in some pics including the ones you've put on this thread. My opinion is that your answer is #3. We saw this with Ginger's unenhanced 9mm. The warm metal is definitely enhancing the warmth of the OEC. Also, you are color sensitive. I agree with MissKK, I think you would still see warmth at times even if it was in a white metal. Maybe it would be less often and not as noticeable, but it would still be there.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
02-21-2013, 06:12 PM,
I think the warm metal enhances the colour of the stones, and that the rose brings out the green...the colour wheel thing I think. So I think I need to put my pink OEC in my setting. It hurts me, because I wanted a different look for this setting, and then my Rosie is no m ore and I actually love her a lot. And I am worried mt pink stone looks better in Rosie, with no side stones?? or will the pink stone look just as nice in the new mount?

Honestly, I feel a little nauseous over this.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
02-21-2013, 06:15 PM,
I think the pink will look really pretty in the new mount! It will be a close match to the pink diamonds. Go for it! Maybe you can put a FB RB in Rosie?

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.